A well-organized pantry can make cooking easier and more enjoyable. A cluttered pantry can be a pain to navigate and it can also lead to pantry staples getting lost in the shuffle. It can make cooking more difficult and it will take up vertical space in your kitchen. But don’t worry, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get organized. You just need some creativity and a little time.
Organizing your pantry is not only about sorting items into categories, but also about finding the right storage solutions that fit your needs and lifestyle. Consider the following pantry organization tips when choosing to storage for your pantry:
- Start with planning the type of pantry storage containers.
- How do you maintain an organized pantry?
- 1. The first step to organizing your pantry is to clean it out
- 2. Next, think about what pantry items are used most often and where they should be stored
- 3. Decide on a system or organization that works for you
- 4. Keep an inventory list and label every pantry storage
- 5. Keep like items together
- 6. Store pantry items on shelves so they are easy to find
- 7. Use baskets or bins for storing bulkier items that won’t fit on pantry shelves
- 8. Put a door rack on your pantry door
- In Conclusion
- Share this:
Start with planning the type of pantry storage containers.
A good pantry storage container falls into 3 categories, here are the 3 pantry storage ideas:
The container needs to be clear and visible
- this will help you gauge food supply and keep an accurate inventory. it also helps minimize food waste by not buying the same food twice.
It should create more vertical space
- In addition to using clear storage containers, the container has to be stackable. this will ensure a snug fit and allow for more room. It also allows for easy access.
The storage containers need to be purposeful
- it has to meet your current household needs. For example, I have 3 children under 10 years old, it does not make sense to keep their fruit snacks in airtight containers although you may be tempted. I also do not want another job opening containers for my kids, I got all the jobs I need right now. Glass Jars would make life easier in this situation.
How do you maintain an organized pantry?
Here are 8 pantry organization ideas
1. The first step to organizing your pantry is to clean it out
Make sure you have enough space for all of the food you want to store. If you need more space, consider getting a larger pantry or even moving the food into another place in the kitchen like the freezer or refrigerator.
2. Next, think about what pantry items are used most often and where they should be stored
Pantry items that are used frequently should be placed at eye level or low shelf so they are easily accessible when needed. Items that are used less often can be stored on higher shelves so they’re not as accessible but take up less pantry space, I seldom bake so baking supplies are a great example
3. Decide on a system or organization that works for you
Some people like using baskets, bins, or jars while others prefer using shelves. There are many ways to organize a pantry. Shelves, baskets, drawers, and cabinets are all great options.
4. Keep an inventory list and label every pantry storage
One of the best ways to organize your pantry is to have an itemized list of what you have in your pantry. Make sure that these containers have labels and include the expiration date. This will help you know exactly when it’s time to restock, and also make sure that you don’t end up buying duplicates of things that you already have. This should be easy if you use clear containers.
5. Keep like items together
This will increase functionality and stackability as they will take less shelf space. Dry goods stay with dry ingredients and canned goods stay together
6. Store pantry items on shelves so they are easy to find
You should organize the remaining items on shelves or in cupboards according to food type.
7. Use baskets or bins for storing bulkier items that won’t fit on pantry shelves
Having a few baskets or bins around can help you keep bulkier items organized and off the shelves. This is especially helpful if you have a small pantry or if you want to keep your pantry organized without taking up too much space
8. Put a door rack on your pantry door
Free up shelf space by making use of your pantry cabinet doors, a door rack is an added bonus where you can store and easily access your spices and sugar. it’s an easy reach.
Now that you know the benefits of having an organized pantry, it’s time to get started on yours! We’ve provided eight simple steps to help you get started. But don’t worry, if you need a little more guidance, we’re here for you. Just leave us a comment and we’ll be happy to help. And don’t forget to subscribe so you can stay up-to-date with all our latest content.