There are a lot of reasons why it can be hard to keep a clean house and eliminate mess when you have a house with kids. Maybe you’re busy taking care of them and don’t have time to clean up. Or maybe they’re always making a mess and it’s hard to keep up. As a parent of three myself, I can admit it can feel overwhelming as is to have a perfectly clean home, and not all of us can afford a cleaning service having small kids. No matter what the reason is, don’t worry we have some top tips that can help keep you maintain a clean home.
- 1. Declutter your home
- 2. Create a cleaning routine and stick to it.
- 3. Use the cleaning supplies and tools for the job
- 4. Tackle one room at a time
- 6. Get the kids involved in the routine, the whole family.
- 7. Get a little help from your robot vacuum friend to clean while you sleep
- In Conclusion
- FAQ s
- How to Keep a clean house with little kids around, Why it’s important to keep a tidy house?
1. Declutter your home
- Start by going through each room and removing anything that you don’t need. This could be old clothes, toys, or furniture that you no longer use.
- Create a system for dealing with the things you decide to keep. For example, create a designated spot for everything or put everything in boxes so it’s easy to store.
2. Create a cleaning routine and stick to it.
- Decide how often you want to clean and what household tasks need to be done each time. For example, you might decide to vacuum once a week and do a deep cleaning of your kitchen once a month.
- Create a schedule or to-do list that you can refer to when it’s time to clean. This will help you stay on track and make sure you don’t forget anything.
- Set aside specific days or times for cleaning so you can make it part of your routine. For example, you might designate Mondays as dirty laundry days and Thursdays as vacuuming days.
If you find yourself struggling to stick to your routine, try breaking down tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks.
3. Use the cleaning supplies and tools for the job
- Invest in a good-quality vacuum cleaner that can handle a variety of floor types.
- Vacuum regularly to remove dirt, dust, and other messes from your floors.
- Use a dust mop or duster to clean hard-to-reach areas like ceiling fans and baseboards.
- Dust surfaces with a dust mop or duster
- Mop the floor with a damp mop to remove dirt and the biggest mess.
- Use cleaning products designed for the specific type of surface you’re cleaning, such as windows, countertops, carpets, or area rugs
4. Tackle one room at a time
- Start by choosing the room you want to focus on first, such as the kitchen or bathroom.
- Set aside time each day for daily cleaning or week to focus on that area. This might mean dedicating an hour after dinner each night or taking half a day on weekends to deep clean your whole house.
- Clear out clutter from the room and put them in their proper places, such as making sure all dirty clothes are in the laundry basket. This will make it easier to clean and help you focus on the task at hand.
- Once the room is decluttered, start cleaning from top to bottom. Dust surfaces first, then vacuum or mop floors. Finish by cleaning bathroom fixtures or scrubbing the stovetop.
- Repeat this process for each room in your house until your entire home is clean.
6. Get the kids involved in the routine, the whole family.
- Help clear clutter from surfaces before starting to clean.
- Vacuum or sweep floors.
- Wipe down surfaces with a cleaning solution or damp cloth.
- Dust furniture and other surfaces.
- Put away their toys in proper places and other belongings when finished playing with them, not the coffee table, please.
- Be sure to do a quick scan before you let them off the hook. They contribute to the messy house so they should contribute to a tidy house as well.
7. Get a little help from your robot vacuum friend to clean while you sleep
Buy and program a robot vacuum to clean the house during the night. Adding a robot to the daily routine can help you keep up with the whole family’s mess. Think about the time you just swept the floor and it got dirty quickly again. Having the robot going around a few minutes per night will take care of the crumbs left around by the kids. We use one in our home that empty itself when needed and think you should invest in one too.
To conclude, keeping a clean house can be a daunting task, but it’s not impossible! Decluttering your home, creating a cleaning routine and sticking to it, using the right tools for the job, and tackling one room at a time, can easily keep your house clean and tidy. And don’t forget to get the kids involved in the process by giving them specific tasks that they can do. With these tips, you’ll be well on your way to keeping your house clean as a parent of little children.
Just remember to take it one step at a time and have patience – it’s not going to happen overnight but with consistency, you can do it!
1. How do I declutter my home to make cleaning easier?
There are a few different strategies that you can use to declutter your home. One option is to go through each room and focus on one type of clutter at a time, such as clothes or toys. You can also try sorting through all of your belongings and getting rid of anything that you no longer need or use. Another approach is to designate certain areas, like closets or cabinets, as “decluttering zones” where you can store items while deciding whether they should stay or go.
How to Create a good routine Routine
Whether it’s once a week or daily, find a time that works for you and stick to it. Put it in your calendar or set a reminder so you don’t forget. This will make cleaning much easier and more effective. Invest in a good vacuum cleaner such as a mop and cleaning supplies. Start with dusting the ceiling fan and cobweb in the corners, then move on to surfaces like tables and countertops. Vacuum and mop the floor lasts. It’s very important to not clean the entire house at once. It’s too overwhelming and you’re likely to get discouraged. Instead, focus on one room at a time and work your way through the house. It can make a huge difference.
How to Create a Cleaning Routine?
One of the best ways to keep your house clean is to create a cleaning routine and stick to it. This might mean setting aside time each day or week to tidy up or setting specific days for certain tasks like doing the laundry or vacuuming. Whatever you decide, the important thing is to be consistent with it. If you find that you’re struggling to stick to your routine, try breaking down tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks or enlisting help from family members or friends.
How to Use the Right Tools for the Job
Cleaning your home doesn’t have to be a difficult task, but it can be if you don’t have the right tools for the job. Having the right cleaning supplies on hand can make all the difference in getting your house clean quickly and efficiently. From vacuums to mops to cleaning products, there are a variety of products available that can help make your cleaning routine easier.
How to get the small kids involved
I totally agree on getting the kids involved in the household chores, even the little kids can help by putting toys away. The bonus is they get a life lesson and help create good habits, a few dishes won’t hurt. One way to get the kids involved in keeping the house clean is to give them specific tasks that they can do. This will help them feel like they’re a part of the process and make them more likely to help out and keep the house tidy.
How to Tackle One Room at a Time
When it comes to keeping a tidy home clean, one of the most important things is to break down your top cleaning priorities into manageable sections. This can help you stay focused and avoid having to feel overwhelmed by the task at hand. One way to do this is by tackling one room at a time when cleaning.
Whether you’re a parent or not, keeping your home clean and organized can be a challenge. But with some simple tips and tricks, it doesn’t have to be so difficult.
How to Keep a clean house with little kids around, Why it’s important to keep a tidy house?
It can be breeding for allergens
Keeping your house clean is important for several reasons. For one, it can be unhealthy to live in a dirty environment. Dust mites, pollen, and other allergens can aggravate allergies and asthma, and bacteria and viruses can spread more easily in a dirty home.
It’s not a positive environment for your mental health
Another reason keeping a clean house is important is because it can be a stressful environment to live in if it’s constantly cluttered with all types of stuff laying around. It can negatively affect your mental health as It’s hard to relax when you’re surrounded by messes, and it can be frustrating to not be able to find anything you need in a messy kitchen. A clean and organized home is more peaceful and relaxing, it can make a big difference in your daily life.
Get rid of anything that you don’t need or use donate it, sell it, or throw it away. This will help you immensely in the long run. This might include old clothes, unused kitchen gadgets, junk mail, or broken household items that you’ve been meaning to fix for ages but never got around to doing.