If you own a home then you’ll need a vacuum cleaner. One of the most favorite types of vacuum cleaner is an upright vacuum, which is affordable, easy to use, and easy to store.
The 5 Best Selling Upright Vacuums:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling upright vacuums available for sale on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet...
- Powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll + scatter free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- Clean edges and corners with edge to edge cleaning. Cleaning path width: 13.5 inch
- Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brushroll can lift stubborn and heavy debris. Plus,...
- 10 lbs. lightweight upright vacuum: The EurekaPowerSpeed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver....
- 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures...
- 4. 1L extra-large capacity: the extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent...
- Lift away press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology, a HEPA filter traps 999 percent of dust and allergens inside...
- Swivel steering excellent control for maneuvering around furniture dust cup capacity: 12 dry quarts
- Large capacity, easy to empty dust cup Extended cleaning without interruption
- OnePass technology with powerful suction and innovative brush design to clean on the first pass
- Scatter free technology reduces scatter on hard floors
- On board storage keeps specialized tools including the turbobrush tool, dusting brush, crevice tool,...
- Powerful, multi cyclonic system for lasting suction that captures and keeps dirt in the bin, where...
- Lightweight & Portable This 10 lbs Eureka PowerSpeed upright vacuum cleaner is easy to use and...
- Powerful Multi-surface Vacuum With 5 height adjustment settings this versatile vacuum can easily...
- Extra-large Dust Cup With an easy empty 2 6L dust cup this bagless vacuum requires less frequent...
- Great for Pet Owners Includes a pet turbo tool crevice tool dusting brush and upholstery tool that...
- The 5 Best Selling Upright Vacuums:
- The 5 Best Upright Vacuums Under $200:
- 1. The Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum
- 2. Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Wet – Dry Upright Vacuum
- 4. Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum
- 5. Shark Navigator Lift Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- What Is The Best Upright Vacuum?
The 5 Best Upright Vacuums Under $200:
To help you save time we’ve listed and reviewed five of the best upright vacuums currently available for sale online:
- Lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with WindTunnel Technology for consistent suction
- Five position height adjustment; 13-1/2-inch-wide nozzle; no-scuff bumper
27-foot retractable power cord; rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter
Includes extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool
- Measures approximately 12 by 16 by 44 inches; 2-year limited warranty
There are 5 reasons that this vacuum is our top pick and the first is the suction! You have two technologies at work that will life the dirt and the first is the multi-cyclonic cleaning core that will never lose suction and the second is the cleaning head of the vacuum.
The second reason is the price. When you compare the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum to a Dyson Hoover there is a huge difference in the price.
This vacuum gives you an awesome way to wrap the cord using a pedal at the bottom of the hoover so you don’t have to break your back winding the cord up manually.
You also get reach and turbo tools with an 8” stretch hose and the WindTunnel Rewind Plus you will be sure to get anywhere with this hoover. The Hoover also has a two-year warranty as well.
The filter of this hoover is also very good as you will get a high-quality HEPA filter and the hose is super easy to extend when you cleaning the stairs as well.
If you need to adjust for the carpet size you can clean laminate floors to very thick rugs with the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum. You also have upholstery and dusting brush that will help you get the furniture really clean.
This is our top pick and you can pick up the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum with 24% off!
* Picks up so much hidden dirt in our thick carpet, it scared us the first time we looked in the canister!
* For how much power it has, it is actually very quiet – quieter than our old 10 amp vacuum.
* Turns on a dime and gets into nooks and crannies really well – we don’t have to use the hand tools on every single wall edge.
* The attachment with moving brushes cleans stares amazingly well.
* No filters or bags to buy – this is a huge plus as we could never find a replacement filter for our old vacuum.
* The cord is very long and it retracts into the vacuum. Wow. I find wrapping up long cords so annoying. Having this cord self retract is actually kind of fun (ok, so I’m easily amused!)
* The color is trendy.
* It is fairly lightweight.
* I like that you can adjust the height for different carpet lengths. I know that this isn’t a groundbreaking feature, but not all vacuums have it and it makes a big difference.
* While it is comparatively lightweight, people that have a hard time lifting may find it a little heavy.
* Other reviews complain that pet hair can get stuck in the canister and that at times you may have to reach in slightly with two fingers to pull the hairs out. To me, this is only a minor annoyance. With any bagless vacuum, there will usually be some occasional contact with the materials that you are cleaning off of your carpets.
This is our second choice of best upright vacuum cleaners and this is for people that want a decent cleaner that is more lightweight.
The Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless cleaner’s best perk is that it is super light, cost-effective and if you are not looking for a heavy duty cleaning solution this could be for you.
Let us have a look at the features:
- Dynapower – 26.0 Cleaning Effectiveness
- Lightweight – weighs less than 8 lbs.
- Cleans carpets and bare floors
- Easy to empty dirt container
- HEPA filtration
As mentioned above it is very lightweight and weighs less than 9lbs and is small as well. You can pick it up and take it anywhere with ease and due to the size, it is super easy to store anywhere.
That said, the Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner gives you quite a lot of power for such a small vacuum cleaner. It gives you a revolving brush for the carpets and a Scatter Guard Nozzle that will trap debris and automatic height adjustment is perfect for any carpet or hard floor.
As well as that it is packed with plenty of onboard tools and comes with a stretch hose as well. The accessories you get include an extension ward and dusting brush as well as a Crevice tool.
This is not the best vacuum cleaner out there in terms of power but if you are looking for a lightweight cleaning solution that is super easy to operate and has decent power then this is the one for you.
You can easily use the Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner for cleaning the house and it will take you half the time of a larger vacuum. If you just have a small room that needs cleaning from time to time and you want to a small, compact vacuum that really does a good job then you need to check out the Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Wet/Dry vacuum is our 3rd best upright vacuum we are taking a look at the Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Wet/Dry Vacuum and this vacuum is really good if you want to go a step further and be able to shampoo your carpets with a wet clean as well as vacuum them.
Obviously, if you are looking for the best vacuum overall we would say stick with the Hoover Windtunnel as it will give you the best suction.
However, if you are looking for a more versatile vacuum this one is well worth looking at.
Let us take a quick look at the features:
- 3-in-1 bagless cleaner vacuums wash and dries hard floors
- Patented counter-rotating SpinScrub brushes gently wash and scrub from all angles
- Long quick-release power cord lets you clean large rooms without unplugging
- Includes 30 hard-surface wipes and detergent
- Measures 15.2? x 12.2? x 31? weighs 16 pounds and is backed by a 1-year limited warranty
- The main pros of this vacuum are that it will wash, scrub, buff and rinse as well as dry your floors. All you need to do is turn the dial and select between Dry, Wash or vacuum and it makes for an excellent 3 in 1 cleaner.
Another interesting thing about the Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Wet/Dry Vacuum is that it incorporates dual tank technology that makes sure the water that is dirty stays separate so your floors are never cleaned with dirty water.
It also has multi-purpose spin scrub technology and that will give you rotating brushes that will wash and scrub the floors.
Despite it being a 3 in 1 vacuum it is super easy to store and the handle will fold up to save room. The brushes are super easy to clean and you can remove them, wash them and they dry very quickly.
Although it is not as good as our top pick in terms of cleaning power if you are looking for a more versatile vacuum then you need to check this out as it will give you an awesome 3 in 1 vacuum!
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright VacuumIn this review we are looking at the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum and this is a vacuum you will want to have a closer look at if you have pets. It gives you some extra tools that are excellent for cleaning up pet hair and getting your furniture clean when another vacuum cannot.
Let us take a look at the features:
- Fold down handle makes storage a snap and ideal for small storage spaces
- Automatic rewind cord neatly winds the 27-feet cord back inside the unit for easy storage
- Brush roll shut off pedal makes it easy to go from carpet to hard floors
- System check indicator alerts the user when the rinsable filter, HEPA and Carbon filters need to be cleaned or checked
- Onboard tools include pet hair turbo brush 12-inch extension wand, crevice tool and easy to clean pet furniture nozzle with rubber blades
This vacuum is actually similar to our #1 pick except for the difference here is that it is made specifically for pets.
You get pet hair removal tools and it has a special rubber material that is designed specifically to remove pet hairs that otherwise are very difficult to remove.
You get a lot of the controls at your fingertips and you will get 27 feet of power cord that will save the need to keep on plugging the vacuum in. You have an easy belt change system and brush roll that allows for simple maintenance of this light vacuum cleaner.
The handle will fold which means it is super easy to store away and you will be able to move this vacuum anywhere as it is very light.
The main features of the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum are that you will get a cord rewind system which is really handy as the cord is quite long at 27 ft but the rewind system ensures it is super easy to get the cord back with ease.
You also get a 5 position adjustment so you can use the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum on really thick pile carpets and all the way down to wooden floors.
There is an Air powered pet hand tool that is excellent for pet beds and you will not need to clean the blades that often.
If you are looking for an awesome vacuum which will make cleaning up after pets a breeze you need to check out the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum:
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum cleaner is our 5th best upright vacuum cleaner and this is quite a special one. We are moving on to the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum Cleaner and the first thing to tell you is that this is a decent vacuum cleaner.
Don’t be fooled by thinking it is not very good because it is so far down on our list. Obviously, we stick by our top pick but if you are looking for something a bit different but also that makes a great vacuum cleaner this will be the one for you.
Let us take a look at the features:
- Never loses suction Technology for consistent suction power
- Professional dust-away bare floor tool, with washable, microfiber pads
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology(TM) traps 99.99% of dust inside the vacuum not back into the air you breathe
- Swivel steering and smooth-gliding wheels promise easy maneuvering around furniture
- Includes: Professional dust-away bare floor tool washable, microfiber pads, Super-stretch hose, crevice tool, pet hair power brush
- This vacuum gives you excellent suction!
You get a special technology that allows this vacuum cleaner to keep up the same level of suction for the entire time you are using it. Which means once you start cleaning you don’t have to worry about it getting clogged or the filter breaking.
One of the reasons that you will want to give the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum Cleaner a close look is the tools you get with it!
You get professional dust-away bare floor tools and you also get washable, microfiber pads as well.
There is something called the Anti-allergen seal technology with this vacuum that claims to trap 99% of the dust inside the vacuum and that means it does not go back into the air you breathe.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum Cleaner is an outstanding vacuum cleaner that is perfect if you need a light weight vacuum with a lot of tools that will allow you to clean pretty much anywhere. We recommend using this on hard floors but you can also use on carpets as well.
What Is The Best Upright Vacuum?
If you are in a hurry our top pick for the best upright vacuum is the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind and the simple reason for this is because you get a lot of features, it is well priced and you will be able to clean pretty much anywhere with this awesome vacuum.