Programmable slow cookers help take some of the hassles out of cooking – all you need to do is put in the appropriate ingredients, set it to cook, and take your mind off the matter. All these models come with timers that will automatically adjust from ‘cooking’ to ‘warm’ once your meal is ready to be eaten.
After many hours of research and several revisions over the years, we think the Hamilton Beach 33866 6-Quart is the best programmable slow cooker currently available on the market. It’s safe, user-friendly, affordable, and looks great in any kitchen.
The 5 Best Selling Programmable Slow Cookers
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling programmable slow cookers on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- Not your mom’s slow cooker: Smart technology allows you to cook a recipe to either a desired...
- Patented temperature probe: Place the temperature probe into large cuts of meat to cook to a precise...
- Clip-tight gasket lid: The lid clips securely in place, perfect for taking the slow cooker to a...
- Easy to clean: Removable and dishwasher safe crock and glass lid make cleanup simple and power...
- 6 quart capacity: Spacious size is perfect for a 6 pound chicken or 4 pound roast
- Easy to travel with lid latch strap: simply stretch the strap from underneath one handle of the slow...
- Mix and match settings: This programmable slow cooker allows you to customize your cooking...
- The perfect size: comfortably fit a 7lb. Chicken or 5 lb. Roast in this 7 quart slow cooker. When...
- No watching needed: The Hamilton Beach programmable slow cooker will automatically switch to the...
- Easy to clean: programmable slow cooker includes dishwasher-safe stoneware crock and lid with...
- 6-QUART CAPACITY: Slow cooker has generous 6-quart oval crock to easily fit a 6 lb chicken or 4 lb...
- Customize your cooking with flexcook: With this programmable slow cooker select first heat setting &...
- Simple programming: Select single temperature and time setting on 6-quart slow cooker automatically...
- Prefer to keep it simple? Select high low or warm in manual mode on the slow cooker without setting...
- Mess-free travel: This 6-quart slow cooker’s stay or go clip-tight sealed lid prevents spills and...
- 6-Quart capacity Fits a 6 lb. Roast and can serve 7+ people
- Easy to clean non-stick ceramic coating requires less effort to clean by hand compared with...
- Program to cook on high with 4 or 6 hour selections or low with 8 or 10 hour selections
- High and low settings are perfect for making chilis, stews, sauces, and more; automatically shifts...
- Dishwasher-safe Glass lid
- Locking Wires - The locking system lets you take your favorite food to potlucks and tailgates. Plus,...
- Built-In Lid Holder - Keep countertops clean and stir & serve without holding the lid! The built-in...
- Digital Controls - Choose the time and heat, and the slow cooker does the rest, switching into...
- Three Heat Settings - Low, high, and warm settings for all your slow cooker needs. The unit...
- 7 Quarts - Make a hot meal for the whole family and have plenty of delicious leftovers with room for...
- The 5 Best Selling Programmable Slow Cookers
- The 10 Best Programmable Slow Cookers:
- 1. Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker
- 2. Maxi-Matic (Elite Platinum) MST-900 Digital Programmable Slow Cooker
- 3. Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A Cook and Carry Programmable Slow Cooker
- 4. Calphalon Digital Saute Programmable Slow Cooker
- 5. Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6.5 Quart Best Programmable Slow Cooker
- 6. KitchenAid KSC6223SS 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- 7. BLACK and DECKER SCD4007 7-Quart Digital Slow Cooker
- 8. Hamilton Beach 33970 Professional Sous Vide Programmable Slow Cooker
- 9. Cuisinart PSC-650 Stainless Steel 6.5 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- 10. Wolf Gourmet WGSC110S Programmable Multi-Function Cooker
- What to look for when buying a programmable slow cooker
With digital displays and additional cooking functions, your job is made even easier. All these programmable slow cookers will be a great help to those of you who are often too pressed for time to spend hours preparing meals, but who nevertheless prefer serving home-cooked meals to take-out to your family members.
And even if you love spending time in the kitchen, these programmable slow cookers can still be a valuable addition that will allow you to prepare multiple dishes at once.
The 10 Best Programmable Slow Cookers:
Below we’ve listed and reviewed the 10 best programmable slow cookers. These also happen to be the best value for money programmable slow cookers in our opinion:
|Dimensions||11.25 x 17.5 x 11.75 in|
The Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Programmable Slow Cooker provides three choices for hassle-free and easy cooking: program, probe, and manual mode. You can use the program mode when you are really pressed for time – simply input the cooking time and it automatically changes the settings to ‘warm’ once the cooking time has elapsed.
If you want to cook a large meat portion (e.g. for a pot roast, meat stew or pork tenderloin), simply use the probe mode – key in the appropriate meat temperature and it automatically changes the settings to ‘warm’ once the desired temperature has been reached.
Finally, use the manual mode for traditional slow cooking, where you manually choose between a high, low or warm temperature without inputting a cooking time.
Additional features include a clip-tight gasket lid that prevents messy spills, a thermometer probe that displays the actual temperature of meat as it cooks, full-grip handles that allow you to easily transport the cooker, and a stylish metallic aluminum finish.
|Dimensions||16.34 x 11.73 x 11.81 in|
Measuring at 16.3 x 11.7 x 11.8 inches and weighing 14.6 pounds, the Maxi-Matic Elite Platinum 8.5 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker was designed with the busy family in mind. Housed in brushed stainless steel with black accents, it promises to visually complement your kitchen.
With the 20 hours advanced programmable timer, you can be sure to prepare meals well in advance of mealtimes. It comes with low-medium-high temperature control settings and an 8.5-quart oval removable stoneware pot that can easily be used to prepare stews, soups, pot roasts, curries, casseroles, and other wholesome family meals.
The oval shape also allows you to slow cook large chunks of meat or vegetables, while the cool-touch handles and knobs allow for easy adjustments. The clear tempered-glass lid traps in moisture and nutrients for delicious and nutritious results, while allowing you to easily check up on cooking progress.
|Dimensions||9.4 x 15.1 x 14.8 in|
With a 6 quart capacity, the Crock-Pot Cook and Carry Slow Cooker is the perfect choice for slow cooking large meals that can serve up to seven people. It comes with an easy locking gasket lid that prevents spills and messy countertops, a programmable digital control that lets you program cook times from 30 minutes – 20 hours, and programmable time settings to accommodate different cooking needs and time constraints.
All you need to do is set the countdown controller to your preferred cooking time, and the Crock-Pot Cook will automatically shift to the ‘warm’ setting once that time is reached.
The Crock-Pot has been designed for an easy cleaning experience, further adding to your time savings in the kitchen. Once the cooker has cooled down, you can easily wash the lid and stoneware in the dishwasher or with hot, soapy water. The external surface of the heating base can be cleaned with a soft cloth and warm, soapy water.
|Dimensions||17.78 x 14.37 x 23.19 in|
The Calphalon Digital Saute slow cooker is a true marble when it comes to this type of food preparation. The non-stick insert is perfect for sautéing and browning meat before putting it in the oven and if this wasn’t enough the slow cooker is exemplary of keeping any meat tender while maintaining any broth and vegetables in shape and not mushy.
The same insert is also oven and cooktop safe so anytime you want to double it as a pot on its own you have one perfect utensil handy.
The 5.3-quart capacity is perfect for a family meal and would serve any hungry family just fine. The digital controls and LED lights provide comfortable navigation through the settings so you can operate this appliance with ease and always get to the perfect meal.
|Dimensions||16.5 x 12.2 x 8.7 in|
The 6.5-quart sized programmable Crock-Pot slow cooker can accommodate food portions large enough to feed eight to nine people, easily fitting in a 7-pound roast or a sizable portion of curry, soup or stew. With this slow cooker, your family can enjoy time savings while benefitting from healthy and delicious home-cooked food that easily trump fast food and takeouts in terms of nutritional value.
Its features include a touchscreen control panel (fingertip touch controls include low, high, and warm cook settings, and ‘time up’ or ‘time down’ options for setting the cooking time from 30 minutes up to 20 hours), metal side handles wrapped in silicone for a secure, comfortable grip when moving the cooker around the kitchen or to the dinner table, and a removable stoneware and glass lid which doubles as a serving dish and makes the cleaning up process much easier.
|Dimensions||10.5 x 17.5 x 10.8 in|
Measuring at 10.5 x 17.5 x 10.8 inches and weighing 16.1 pounds, the KitchenAid 6-Quart Slow Cooker comes with a solid glass lid and oval-shaped ceramic vessel with a 6-quart capacity that can accommodate meals large enough to feed up to seven or eight people.
The digital display allows for 24-hour programmability, so you can set the slow cooker well in advance (you have four temperature settings to choose from) and expect your meal to be waiting for you after a day of work.
It automatically switches to the warm mode (for up to four hours) after the set cook time elapses, so you can keep your mind at ease if you happen to be running late.
|Dimensions||14.09 x 17.32 x 9.65 in|
If you ever thought of slow cookers as boring appliances think again. The Black and Decker Digital slow cooker brings a whole new idea and features to the table so you can enjoy making food for your family and with your family even more.
The 7-quart pot is perfect for a big family meal but what makes it even more fun to use is the chalkboard surface. Include your kids, family, loved ones, everyone in the process by writing down recipes on the pot, drawing fun pictures or even adding notes like allergens so people know what’s cooking.
This pot also contains a built-in lid holder as well as locking wires for the handles so you can easily take any meal on the go. Digital controls are easy to use so you can set any time you want the food to be done and at what heat as well as keeping it warm long enough until you have to set the table and enjoy it.
|Dimensions||12.9 x 11.8 x 18.5 in|
If you ever wanted to experience the sous vide method of cooking at home and prepare the perfect meal every time, then the Hamilton beach sous vide slow cooker is the right choice for you. A 6-quart nonstick metal pot makes every meal cook to perfection and plenty for a whole family to enjoy.
The sous vide option is there to make sure any meat or flavor you want to keep inside your recipe and food is always there throughout the whole cooking process maintaining the same temperature during the cooking period and making every bite count.
With a digital display, flexible programming and letting you choose any option you might enjoy while cooking, this slow cooker is a fantastic option for anyone looking to improve their kitchen game.
|Dimensions||11.6 x 16.3 x 12 in|
If you are looking for an ultimate “SLOW” cooker where every hearty meat needs to be left alone for the whole day, then look no further. The Cuisinart PSC-650 has a fantastic “simmer” setting which makes every piece of meat you want to cook for a whole day, jump with joy because you will enjoy and reap the benefits of every bite.
There is even a 24-hour cook timer which keeps the food warm and ready after it is done so you can fully enjoy a fantastic stew, beef roast or brisket you might have put in to be prepared.
The cool touch chrome on the outside of the handles makes this pot easy to handle and move around and the menu with an LED display shows every aspect of the cooking process and lets you set everything to your preferred taste.
|Dimensions||19.3 x 17.2 x 13.6 in|
The Wolf Gourmet programmable multi-cooker is the big daddy of all multi and slow cookers. So if you are looking for the full package, look no further. With a temperature probe included, this is the ultimate tool for any kind of fancy dinner you might think of. Sous Vide cooking – you got it, slow cooking any food and have it ready for when your guests arrive you – got it.
The removable 7-quart vessel makes sure any meal you decide to prepare is always perfectly ready for any manipulation you might want to do to it before serving it to your guests.
The Wold Gourmet programmable Multi-cooker is a great tool to let you fix up great meals on the go and let them be finished before you get home, so you can enjoy them with your guests or family once every aspect of the day has been taken care of.
What to look for when buying a programmable slow cooker
There are plenty of things to consider when deciding to purchase a slow cooker and how well it will serve you, so we have included a few key features you might want to take more seriously before your next purchase.
If you are looking for a slow cooker for the whole family definitely consider options that are larger in size. If you can put a whole chicken or a full brisket and have it ready by the end of the day, then this is by far the best option for you.
Many slow cookers have plenty of timer settings, but the better the settings are, the better you can choose what works for you. If you can adjust the timer to keep the food warm for an hour or two after you get back home and have the table set for everyone in the family for a nice warm meal, then more power to you. Always look for what suits you best.
There are more than enough options out there for any kind of slow cooker. You could be a stay at home dad or a professional chef who wants an easy way out at home.
Functionality is key when it comes to slow cookers. The more you can do with one tool or appliance, the better your kitchen looks and the less overcrowded with tools. So if you can invest a little more into a slow cooker that does sous vide or roasts or has a pot which can be used on your stove or in it, the more you will get out of one single appliance you invest in.
Better food always served at the right temperature. Easy to clean pots. Always ready when you might need it. These few little additions, even though a bit more expensive, make a high-end slow cooker worth every penny.
Any of these ten programmable slow cookers will allow you achieve a better work-life balance – you should not have to sacrifice quality family time (or good nutrition) around the dinner table for the sake of your busy career (or vice versa).
Have a look through the list of recipes you wish to pull off (e.g. pot roasts, meat stews, vegetable soups, casseroles, etc.) for yourself, your family or friends in the near future, and choose the right slow cooker that will allow you to bring those culinary ambitions to life.
The right cooker can give you the peace of mind you deserve by taking hours away from the cooking process and several minutes from the cleaning process, leaving you with more time to spend with your significant other, friends and family.
This article was last updated on February 20, 2021 .