FeastHome Reviews – Your kitchen isn’t complete without sharp knives. However, finding the best knife sharpener to make sure your kitchen weapon to be sharp every time you need them isn’t as simple as you might ever think.
House and Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.
There are tons of electric sharpeners available in the market today. Some of them are pretty straightforward while others involve more than one stage of the process to sharpen a knife. Besides, each of them will present their own pros and cons as well.
Luckily, you have landed on this page to check my best pick of knife sharpeners. The list covers everything from simple sharpening stick to more elaborated mechanical device to help you find one that fits your needs the best. So, let’s check this out!
Best for Global Knives: SunrisePro Supreme Knife Sharpener
The SunrisePro knife sharpener isn’t the most expensive or glamorous one on the list. However, it sharpens most kind of knives to whatever level of precision you need. That’s why it is considered as the best for global knives on the list.
This product also gains an impressive 4.5/5 average rating on Amazon, proving it to be a great knife sharpener that makes more than 2,400 reviewers satisfied with it.
- It’s super easy to use and affordable.
- It works well for any type of knife including Asian knives, steak knives, and others.
- It can be a little aggressive, so use it with care.
Best for the Money: Chef’s Choice 476 2-Stage Knife Sharpener
If you are searching for the best knife sharpener that is cheap and dependable, this Chef’s Choice product can be a good option. Despite its affordable price, the product is reliable, durable, and attractive.
- It’s easy to operate for lefties or righties.
- It is offered at an attractive price point.
- You should be careful that your thumb may get too close to the blade throughout the sharpening process.
Best for Stainless Steel: Wüsthof 10” Knife Sharpening Steel
The Wusthoff knife sharpening steel is surely the best when you prefer a simple tool that is easy to handle. With its stick design, you can include it to the gear you bring on a family camping trip. You can easily store it along with the other gears without taking too much space.
- It has an easy-to-hold handle and also a loop for hanging.
- The tool is magnetic, so it gathers any metal dust generated during the process.
- It may take time to get an optimal sharpening result.
Best for Japanese Knives: Fallkniven DC3 Whetstone Knife Sharpener
If you need the best knife sharpener that can deal the hard Japanese knives, you should take the Fallkniven DC3 into account. It may be more labor-intensive than electric sharpeners, but it allows you an unmatched level of control.
Another big benefit of this knife sharpener is that it can be brought anywhere and used anywhere without requiring any lubrication.
- It’s extremely low maintenance.
- It’s ideal for the kitchen or even for hunting.
- The surface may feel too coarse at the first use.
Best for Serrated Knives: Chef’s Choice 463 Pronto Santoku Sharpener
This is my second entry from Chef’s Choice. This manual sharpener is highly easy to use and able to deliver high-quality result every time you use it. Interestingly, it can be counted on to sharpen Asian-style knives with serrated edges.
- It delivers a great result.
- It comes with an ergonomic design to keep your hand out of harms.
- It takes some practice to get the ideal pressure to sharpen your knives.
Best under $50: Lansky 8” Ceramic Knife Sharpener
Why spend hundreds of dollars to buy a knife sharpening machine when you can have one for the price of an inexpensive necktie? This Lansky ceramic knife sharpener won’t let you take so many practice sessions until you can get your knife professionally sharp.
- It offers the simplest way to keep all your knives sharp.
- It comes with a one-year warranty on craftsmanship and materials.
- There is no flange to protect your hand, so you need to be careful.
That’s all a few best knife sharpeners that you can take into account. All the products mentioned above are available on Amazon, so you can get them easily. Without further ado, you can choose your best knife sharpener out of the list above. Happy shopping!