Dark flooring can be a great way to add visual interest and depth to a bathroom design. By combining light and dark tones, you can create a dynamic and sophisticated look that can help to make the space feel larger and more luxurious. Here are some ideas for high-contrast bathroom floors, best practices, dark flooring options, and materials.
Small Bathroom with Dark Floors and Tub Surround
Chick bathroom with white walls and dark gray tile flooring, tub surround. Small double sink Gray Vanity to match.
Bathroom with White and Beige Walls with Small Black Porcelain Tile Flooring
A classic and timeless design. The white and beige walls provide a clean and bright foundation that creates a sense of calm and tranquility. The small porcelain black tile flooring adds a touch of modern flair to the design, creating a subtle contrast that adds depth and interest to the room.
Glass Shower Enclosure with Dark Colored Wood Floor and White Countertops and Walls
Modern bathroom design. The dark-colored wood floor contrasts the white walls and countertops, adding warmth and depth to the space. The white countertops and walls create a clean and fresh feeling, providing a bright and airy atmosphere. The glass shower enclosure allows for a spacious and open feel while showcasing the beautiful tiles inside.
White Shiplap Master Bathroom Ceiling with White and Dark Stone Walls and Dark Floors
Imagine stepping into a cozy and inviting master bathroom with a white shiplap ceiling and white and dark stone walls that provide the perfect mix of modern and rustic charm. The dark floors complement the natural stone, adding depth and warmth to the space. The simple yet stunning design creates a laid-back and casual atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing bath after a long day. This bathroom is ideal for those looking for a comfortable and welcoming space to unwind and recharge.
White Tile Bathroom Walls with Round Mirror and Hexagon Black Tile Flooring
A bright and cheerful bathroom with fresh, white tile walls that provide a clean and refreshing feeling. The room’s centerpiece is a beautiful round mirror that adds a touch of elegance and whimsy. The hexagon black tile flooring adds a modern and trendy element to the space, strikingly contrasting the white walls.
Dark Blue Tile Floor and White Tile Walls with Organic Accent Pieces
The dark blue tile floor creates a dramatic and striking foundation that adds a touch of luxury and elegance to the space. The white tile walls provide a clean and fresh feeling that makes sense of lightness and brightness in the room. The organic accent pieces add a natural and calming element to the design.
Wood Color Bathroom Floors and White Cabinets, and Multicolor Shower Walls
A warm and inviting bathroom with beautiful wood color floors adds a natural charm to the space. The white cabinets provide a clean and fresh feeling that creates a sense of lightness and airiness in the room. The multicolor shower walls give a fun and playful element, adding a pop of color and interest to the space.
Light and Dark Marble Walls in this White and Gold bathroom with Double Vanity and Mirrors
An elegant bathroom with light and dark marble walls provides a stunning and timeless look. The bright white and rich gold accents complement the marble, adding a touch of glamour and sophistication. The double vanity and mirrors provide ample space for you and your loved ones getting ready in the morning, while the marble walls create a sense of opulence and grandeur.
This design is perfect if you want to create a feeling of luxury and indulgence in their daily routine. Whether you’re brushing your teeth or doing your makeup, this bathroom will make you feel like a VIP in the comfort of your own home.
Dark Trims in this Light Gray Bathroom with Grey Floors and a Freestanding Bathtub
The perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life.Cozy and calming bathroom with dark trims and light gray walls that create a soothing and relaxing atmosphere. The subtle contrast between the dark edges and light gray walls creates a sense of depth and interest without being too overpowering. The grey floors provide a soft and neutral foundation, while the white tub creates a clean and fresh feeling. This design is perfect for creating a cozy and comfortable bathroom that’s easy on the eyes and the mind.
Dark Floor Bathroom With Dark Square Tile Tub Surround and White Walls
This bathroom has abundant natural light, two sizable windows, white walls, and dark tile.
Narrow Bathroom with Gold Faucet and Door Handle Features Dark Wood Laminate Flooring
Luxury in a small package.Charming and intimate bathroom with a warm and welcoming feel. The small size of the space creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere, while the gold door handle and sink add a touch of glamour and sophistication. The dark wood laminate flooring provides a rich and earthy foundation that creates a feeling of comfort and familiarity.
General Ideas for Bathrooms with Dark Floors:
- Checkerboard: One traditional way to achieve a high-contrast look is with a checkerboard pattern. Black and white tiles arranged in an alternating grid can create a timeless, graphic look.
- Mosaic: Another approach is to use mosaic tiles in various shades to create a random pattern. This can add texture and visual interest to the space while maintaining a high-contrast look.
- Herringbone: A herringbone pattern is a great way to add a sense of movement and sophistication to a bathroom floor. Use light and dark tiles in an alternating pattern to create a bold, geometric look.
- Dark Wood: This can be natural wood floor or Laminate.
Best Practices for Mixing Light and Dark Tones:
- Balance is essential: When using high contrast in a bathroom, it’s crucial to balance the light and dark tones so that one doesn’t overwhelm the other. Use a mix of light and dark materials in a way that feels harmonious and cohesive.
- Consider the overall design: Think about the other bathroom features, such as the wall color, fixtures, and decor. Make sure that the dark flooring complements the overall design scheme.
- Test it out: Before committing to a high-contrast flooring option, consider laying out a small section of tiles to see how it will look in the space. This can help you to make any necessary adjustments before the installation process.
Best Dark Flooring Options and Materials:
- Slate: Slate is a durable and elegant option for a bathroom floor. It comes in various dark tones, ranging from charcoal to deep blue-black.
- Porcelain: Porcelain tiles are a popular choice for bathroom flooring, and they come in a range of dark colors and patterns. They are durable, low-maintenance, and can mimic the look of natural stone.
- Marble: Consider using dark marble tiles in a bathroom for a luxurious, high-end look. While it can be more expensive than other options, marble is a timeless choice that can add value to a home.
High-contrast flooring is a great way to add visual interest to a bathroom design. You can create a dynamic and sophisticated look by using a mix of light and dark tones. When choosing dark flooring options and materials, consider factors such as durability, maintenance, and overall design.
Remember to balance the light and dark tones harmoniously and cohesively, and don’t be afraid to test out different options before committing to a final design.