The Ring camera is undoubtedly one of the top smart home invention in recent years. It serves as both a doorbell and a virtual security system. It is the most delicate security system since it can transmit real-time videos. You may find yourself in a situation where you must turn off your Ring camera. To learn how to do so, keep reading.
- The short answer on how to turn off ring camera is this!
- Download the Ring App
- Connect Ring Device To App
- Disable Ring Camera
- How To Turn Off the Ring Doorbell Motion Sensitivity
- Turning Off Ring Motion Alerts
- Does turning off wifi disable a Ring camera?
- Can burglars disable a Ring camera?
- How Many Camera Modes Settings Are There in Ring Camera
- Frequently Asked Questions
The short answer on how to turn off ring camera is this!
To turn off your Ring camera temporarily or permanently you can for one unplug the power source at the breaker or if battery operated you can simply remove the batteries. Still, if you want to keep your ring device on but prevent it from recording camera events, you can disable some ring camera features such as motion recording, motion detector, and notifications. Keep reading to learn exactly how to do this.
Download the Ring App
- Start by going to the Ring website from your computer or smartphone and selecting the “Download” option.
- Open the downloaded file and then follow the instructions to install the app.
- Once you’ve completed the installation, launch the app and log in using your Ring account information.
Now that you’ve completed this guide, you have full access to all the features in the Ring app!
Connect Ring Device To App
If you’ve recently bought a Ring product, you may wonder how to link it to the app. Here’s a brief guide on how to connect it:
- To start, open the Ring app and sign in to your account.
- Select “Devices” from the bottom menu next.
- Choose the “Add Device” option.
- From the list of options, please select the type of Ring device you have.
- Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to finish connecting.
Disable Ring Camera
If you have the Ring app and want to turn off your camera, go to the app’s settings on your phone. Here’s how:
- To access the main menu in the Ring app, tap the three lines in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Tap Devices.
- Choose the device you wish to disable and press the three dots in the top right corner of its image.
- To disable your camera, go to Device Settings and look for the Disable Camera toggle. Tap it so that the switch is in the off position.
If you want to disable your camera from the Ring app’s main screen, tap on the Disable Camera toggle at the top of said page. Doing so will turn off any Ring cameras that may be active, not just those you have selected. If you want to turn your camera back on, follow the same steps outlined above, but set ‘Enable Camera’ this time instead of ‘Disabled Camera.’
How To Turn Off the Ring Doorbell Motion Sensitivity
Ring doorbells are an excellent way to improve home security, but they may be a bother if they’re too sensitive. You may need to change the motion sensitivity settings if your ring doorbell camera keeps going off even when no one is there. Have a look at how to do that.
- To begin, log in to your Ring account.
- Next, scroll down to the “Devices” tab at the top of the page.
- Afterward, select the “Doorbells” tab.
- Locate the doorbell that you want to change and fix it.
- Scroll down to the “Motion Settings” section in the “Device Settings” tab.
- Use the “Motion Zone Size” slider to adjust how big you want the zone of motion to be. The more sensitive you make the doorbell, the larger you should make this zone.
- You may also change the “Motion Notification Frequency.” It determines how frequently you’ll be notified about movement events. If you’re receiving too many alerts, you can raise this option.
- Once you’ve made your changes, click “Save.”
Turning Off Ring Motion Alerts
Don’t you like getting notified every time your Ring devices detect movement? Here’s how to disable motion notifications:
- To open the menu on the Ring app, tap the three lines in the top left corner.
- To turn off motion alerts for a specific device, tap on Devices and select the device.
- To turn off motion alerts from a specific device, tap on Motion Settings and toggle the switch next to Motion Alerts to the Off position.
To turn motion alerts back on, use the following steps and make sure the switch is in the On position.
Does turning off wifi disable a Ring camera?
Yes. Ring Doorbells and Cameras cannot record motion without access to the internet. As a result, the camera will be pointed in the desired direction.
Can burglars disable a Ring camera?
Yes, that is correct. If the burglar successfully disconnects your Ring camera. However, Once the burglar is engaged in the camera deactivating process, the gadget will record his video.
How Many Camera Modes Settings Are There in Ring Camera
Four camera modes are available with Ring indoor or outdoor cameras, night vision, and motion-activated. The mode symbol in the upper right corner of the primary screen may be tapped to alter the camera setting. Each option has features and advantages that can be customized to your preferences.
The indoor camera mode is excellent to use indoor, either for your home or office. With this clear video quality and wide field of view, you can also avoid false alerts by setting the motion sensitivity low, medium, or high.
The outdoor camera mode is best used outside, as it has a broader field of view than the indoor mode. Additionally, this setting is weatherproofed to handle rain, snow, and other potential elements. If you’re worried about false alerts from things like swaying trees or branches, you can adjust the motion sensitivity to low/medium/high.
Night Vision Mode:
The night vision camera mode is great for recording in dim conditions during daytime and of course night time. This setting gives you a clear image and broad field of view. Changing the motion sensitivity to low, medium, or high can also avoid false alerts.
The motion-activated camera mode is set up to capture video only when there is movement. This mode saves power and storage space by recording only when necessary. You may also customize the sensitivity for false alarms by setting it to low, medium, or high.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you block a Ring camera?
Yes, a signal jammer or a blocker may prevent the wifi signal from reaching a ring camera. You may also switch off the “Motion zones” or “Motion Detection” feature in the Ring App. Additionally, you can use a physical barrier or roof to block the view of a ring video doorbell.
Does turning off wifi disable Ring?
When you turn off wifi, a ring camera loses the ability to operate on wifi and store footage on the Ring cloud. A ring doorbell can’t stream or save videos or send notifications if there isn’t a functional wifi connection.
Can I temporarily turn off the Ring doorbell?
There are two options if you need to disable your Ring camera for a short time. Open the app on your smartphone and either disable motion alerts for that particular device or use the motion Snooze feature from Device Settings to temporarily disable notifications.
Is There A Monthly Fee For Ring Cam?
You may access your “Live View” on Ring at any time without a monthly fee. If you want to see events from before, you’ll need an optional protection plan. Protection plans are subscription-based and come with a small monthly charge for account holders.
The Basic plan only costs $3/month or a yearly fee of $30. However, suppose you upgrade to the Plus Plan for only an additional$10/month or pay the annual fee of $100 upfront. In that case, you’ll save $20 and receive 24/7 professional monitoring for your Ring Alarm and recording capabilities for multiple Ring devices.
Can you Disable Motion Detection on the Ring Door?
To disable motion detection for your doorbell camera:
- Open the Ring app on your smartphone.
- Go to “Devices” and click on the doorbell you want to change.
- Switch off the motion detection options!