We’ll guide you on how to connect the Sengled smart light bulb to Alexa Assistant. By the end of this guide, you’ll be able to control your Sengled bulbs using simple voice commands, and you’ll have this knowledge for life.
House and Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.
Step 1: Setting Up Your Sengled Account
Download the Sengled Home App. Before we can help you connect your Sengled bulb to Alexa, sign up for your Sengled account. This is a straightforward process, download the Sengled Home app, create an account, and follow the on-screen instructions to add your Sengled smart bulbs to your account.
Step 2: Connecting Your Sengled Bulb to Your Sengled Account
After you’ve got the Sengled home app downloaded and registered your Sengled account, the next order of business is to sync your Sengled smart light bulb with the app. Launch the Sengled Home app, click on the + icon, and follow the instructions to add your bulb. Confirm that your bulb is turned on and within range of your Wi-Fi network.
Step 3: Opening the Alexa App
After you connect your Sengled smart bulbs to your Sengled account, you’re now ready to connect them to your Alexa Echo device.
Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
Step 4: Linking Your Sengled Account to Alexa
In the Alexa app, navigate to the ‘Skills & Games’ section. Here, you’ll need to search for Sengled. Once you’ve found the Sengled skill, enable it and log in with your Sengled account credentials. This will link your Sengled account to Alexa, and that’s how you will control your Sengled bulbs with Alexa.
Step 5: Discover Devices
After linking your Sengled account to Alexa, it’s now time to discover your Sengled smart bulbs with Alexa. To do this, navigate to the ‘Devices’ section in the Alexa app and tap on the ‘+’ icon.
Then, select ‘Add Device’, choose ‘Light’, and then select ‘Sengled’ from the list of brands.
Tap on ‘Discover Devices’, and Alexa will start searching for your Sengled bulbs.
Step 6: Control Your Sengled Bulbs with Alexa
Alexa should have discovered your Sengled bulbs at this point, you can now control them using Alexa. Try a few voice commands like “Alexa, turn on the living room light” or “Alexa, dim the bedroom light to 20%”.
Managing your lights with Alexa should be all set by now. For more third-party integration guides see Sengled support. Long gone are the days you’re in bed and dread having to get up just to turn on or off the lights or you’re coming home with your hands full and need to turn on the lights without reaching for a switch.
Some more examples of Alexa’s voice commands you can use with your Sengled smart bulbs:
1. “Alexa, turn off the kitchen light.” – This command will turn off the light in the kitchen.
2. “Alexa, dim the living room light to 50%.” – This command will dim the living room light to half its maximum brightness.
3. “Alexa, brighten the bedroom light.” – This command will increase the brightness of the bedroom light.
4. “Alexa, set the dining room light to blue.” – If you have a Sengled color bulb, this command will change the color of the light to blue.
5. “Alexa, set the office light to warm white.” – This command will change the color temperature of the light to a warm white.
6. “Alexa, turn on the porch light at sunset.” – This command will schedule the porch light to turn on at sunset.
7. “Alexa, turn off all lights.” – This command will turn off all the lights connected to your Alexa device.
8. “Alexa, set the hallway light to 20%.” – This command will set the brightness of the hallway light to 20%.
9. “Alexa, flash the kitchen light.” – This command will make the kitchen light flash on and off.
10. “Alexa, set a 10-minute timer with the bedroom light.” – This command will set a timer and the bedroom light will turn off after 10 minutes.
Note: Remember that you need to name your bulbs correctly in the Sengled Home app. Let’s say for example you want to control a smart bulb in the kitchen, you probably want to name that sengled light bulb ‘kitchen light’ in the app. This way, Alexa knows exactly which bulb you’re referring to when you give a command.
We’re hoping you found this how to connect Sengled bulb to Alexa guide a breeze. Now that you’re all set, you can boss Alexa around to control your Sengled smart bulbs. Although we use smart bulbs for their convenience, it’s also about making your home a fun and enjoyable place to live. So go ahead, and enjoy your new smart lighting!