Everyone needs a good steam iron no matter if they have a dry one at home or their wardrobe full of clothes, which are sold as easy-care or no wrinkles. In the article below, we are going to take a look at a selection of the best steam irons on the market today, how to pick the right one and what sets them apart in comparison to others out there.
The 5 Best Selling Steam Irons:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling steam irons on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- 🔎 FASTER HEATING - Mueller Retractable Steam Iron only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate...
- 🔎 STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE - Effortlessly glides over fabrics and allows for tight spots and...
- 🔎 RETRACTABLE CORD - The 8 ft. retractable cord winds up quickly with the touch of a button....
- 🔎 PRECISE CONTROL - Mueller Steam Iron allows you to leave your iron in the face down position,...
- 🔎 ULTRA-PRESS STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE - Thick chromium finish soleplate for durability, scratch...
- 🔎 EASY THERMOSTAT CONTROL & AXIAL STEAM HOLES - Based on fabric type, you can easily select the...
- 🔎 CUT YOUR IRONING TIME IN HALF - With our Rapid Even Heat Technology and 1700-Watts of Power you...
- 🔎 SAFETY FEATURES - Keeping you safe at all times with our automatic 3-way shut off system,...
- 240ML capacity, lasts for 15 minutes of continuous steaming to emit wrinkled busting perfectly
- 700W Steamer produces powerful steam; 9ft Power Cord, never worry about operating steamer remotely
- 7 in 1 Multi Use Steamer; Not only a steamer for clothes, but a smart assistant for healthy living
- Portable Travel Steamer; Light Weight makes it an ideal travel companion
- Steammaster steam iron features 1400 watts of power, large stainless steel nonstick soleplate, large...
- Clothes iron has a Shot of Steam feature for an extra burst of steam on flat surfaces or vertically...
- 3-Way Motion Smart auto-off for safety and peace of mind
- Self-clean system keeps iron free of mineral deposits for optimal performance
- REMOVE WRINKLES FAST AND EFFICIENTLY - preheats in only 30 seconds, with detachable large 260ml...
- SAFE TO USE ON ALL FABRICS - cotton, wool, polyester, plush, silk, fiber, nylon, velvet and linen,...
- UNIQUE LEAK-PROOF DESIGN - Thanks to the Pump Steam Technology, No leaking, No spilling, allows...
- FREE 3 REMOVABLE ATTACHMENTS - fabric brush, creaser, and Lint brush provide versatile steaming...
All this information will hopefully help you make the right choice next time you are looking for a steam iron, be it for your dress shirts or dresses.
Also See: The Best Handheld Steam Cleaners
The 5 Best Steam Irons:
CHI Steam Iron Specs
You can hardly go wrong with CHI and their ironing products. For a cool and competitive price tag you get more than you can wish for with this steam iron. Designed with the same titanium infused ceramic soleplates as their flat irons, this one delivers just as well and makes short work of any wrinkled silk dress and give you this fine look to every clothing as you would find in the best stores.
Another advantage to take into consideration are the 300 steam holes which deliver constant high-end performance with every use. Moreover, it could not be easier to operate as the precise control dial allows you to choose the fabric you are working with. Furthermore, the CHI steam iron has an adjustable steam lever which can deliver no steam at all and act like a normal flat iron – full steam ahead power via a single slide.
The comfortable grip handle gives you full control to get the best result possible out of this great product. The modern and sleek design, the features common for CHI and their distinct look as well as an awesome price to go with all this, the CHI steam iron is really a tool to consider for your ironing needs.
Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron Specs
|Dimensions||5.1 x12.5×5.5 inches|
By far one of the cheapest steam irons you can find on the market, it offers the best bang for your buck and does a fantastic job. Think of this item as a full package in small size, especially considering the price. Very lightweight and complete with an 8-foot extension cord, it is more than comfortable to go around the room with and get to any wrinkled fabric.
The stainless-steel soleplate, which is synonymous with flat irons, is also stocked in this steam iron and the large steam holes make sure to deliver a professional and detailed approach to ironing and pressing. There is another fantastic feature and you will not have to worry whether you forgot the iron on or off when you leave the house.
There are auto off functions in three different positions from 15 minutes power off if it is left upright to a 30 second auto off function if it is left on its side or with the soleplate flat on a surface. Another added feature is the horizontal as well as vertical shots of steam you can add while ironing.
Adding to the variable steam function, depending on what materials you are working with from dry to steam selector, you can also choose to let bursts of steam out wherever you need it. To summarize, this cheap, yet fantastic option, is a great tool to have handy whenever need be (especially if you will not use it on a daily basis) for a fraction of the price of professional irons.
Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron Specs
|Dimensions||3.1 x2.9.5×5.3 inches|
Moving to the portable category and yet another low-priced gem, the Steamfast SF-717 offers more than you see in the picture and its specs. Essentially a travel steam iron, you can use it at home just as good. But we digress.
This is a two in one iron as it offers dry and steam ironing at wish, making it the best on the go iron to take on a business trip or vacation. This also means we have the same stainless-steel soleplates as the flat irons but in a smaller package. One-touch steam control allows you to adjust the steam power depending on what materials you wish to iron, may it be summer dresses, soft blouses, shirts or pants.
The heat indicator light informs you when your iron is ready to use, when your steam is ready to perfectly fix any wrinkle or when the iron is too hot to handle and leave on. The only downside we could find with this handy little fella is the lack of ability to turn itself off, but considering it is used on the go, you should have no problem following when you have it on and off at any time.
At the end of the day, this is a wonderful little helper for home or on the go, especially when traveling to put to good use for a fraction of what most steam irons cost.
Rowenta DW5080 Micro Steam Iron Specs
|Dimensions||11 x5 x 6inches|
The Rowenta DW5080 is a wonder to work with and here are some of the reasons why this product is on our top 5 list. With 400 steam holes in this stainless-steel sole base, this steam iron guarantees a perfect glide for a perfect result and a fantastic working experience when you leave your clothes on a coat hanger and decide to use it this way.
It has a large 10oz water tank that is easily refillable and there is no need for distilled water usage to get the perfect outcome. At a 100 grams per minute shot by your steam sole, you can easily blast away at any wrinkle you get irritate by.
Delicates such as silk or dress shirts are not a problem as any vertical steam ironing is easily handled by this product. Similar to other high-end irons, this one is also equipped with a 3-way auto-off the system, so you do not have to worry about leaving it on.
Furthermore, you do not need to pay much attention to maintenance as it has an anti-calcium system which helps maintain the iron at the top level and prolongs the life of the product. No build-ups, no blockage, no accidents, and no wrinkles. This is what the Rowenta DW5080 brings to the table and makes sure you pay a bit more but also get a lot more for your penny.
Sunbeam Classic GCSBCL-317-000 Steam Iron Specs
|Dimensions||11.6 x5.6 x 6.3inches|
One of the cheapest models on the market today but by far one of the most utilized by anyone who needs a steam iron on the go. Being a mid-size steam iron, it is neither here nor there between home and travel, but you can certainly take it on the go.
It has a steam shot feature to play along with for any wrinkles you might find annoying and works great with any fabric you need. Even though it does not have the three-way turn-off function, the steam iron does have a 30-minute auto turn off function which is still more than most.
Moreover, it is complete with self-clean minerals, so you do not have to worry about cleaning it too much and putting distilled water into the tank. You cannot get any dripping or leaks through as it comes with a useful anti-drip system. Considering the price tag, this is a great steal for anyone who wants a steam iron with functionality and safety, that does not cost as much as the higher priced name brands.
What To Look Out for When Buying a Steam Iron
Steam irons have evolved greatly in the last twenty years. The simple irons you remember your parents using are a thing of the past. Irons now has several features that enhance both safety and performance. Here is a shortlist of some of the features you should be looking for in the best steam irons.
- Automatic Shut Off – The days of worrying whether you turned off the iron or not is gone. Because irons that are left on are a fire hazard, manufacturers are now equipping the best steam irons with automatic shut off systems. These are timed and can be set anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 seconds depending on the position of the iron. Irons left in a vertical position are generally given several minutes before shutting off. Irons that are face down or have toppled over usually shut off in 30 seconds.
- Self-cleaning/Decalcifying – In areas where hard water is a problem, having an iron that decalcifies itself is a plus. Generally, the self-cleaning system forces ultra-hot steam through the steam holes to keep them from getting clogged with impurities in the water.
- Vertical steam – This is essential for steaming hanging garments or draperies.
- Micro-holes –Many irons use smaller holes in the soleplate to help disperse steam more evenly and over a larger area. This allows the user to iron more quickly as more of the garment’s surface area is subjected to steam at the same time.
- Precision tip -This is a pointed tip that is useful for ironing out details near sleeve cuffs and collars, as well as making pleats look crisper.
Steaming VS Ironing
When you compare steaming irons and regular irons there are plenty of features to take into consideration. Regular Irons need a flat board to be put to use and you always need a place to put it so you can take care of your laundry. And at the same time, it takes a lot more time to iron your more sensitive materials compared to ironing your jeans, for example.
Steaming VS Dry Ironing
Steaming irons give you a lot more freedom when it comes to ironing shirts, dresses and softer materials but do not work so well with let’s say harder materials like denim and if you want your normal slacks or cargo pants ironed. Steam irons are fantastic tools if you are working in a more formal professional environment and need a dress shirt or a dress to attend at an event.
For daily care and casual clothes, you would really need a steam iron occasionally, but a dry iron is always great to get wrinkles off hard materials like denim, hard collar shirts or cargo pants. As a rule, a steam iron is great for a businessman while a dry iron is perfect for daily usage.
Popular Steam Iron FAQs:
How Much Electricity Does a Steam Iron Use?
Like most electric appliances, steam irons generally use as much electricity as the model and features require. Every model differs depending on wattage and voltage as well as where and how you use it.
How do You Clean a Steam Iron?
Most steam irons do not require much to maintain, and most of it consists of emptying the tank, cleaning the sole and ensuring it is unplugged and dry before you use it again. It is essential, however, that you clean and wipe and keep everything dry before you turn it on back again.
Steam or Dry Iron. Which is The Best?
Choosing between both is usually difficult enough, let alone picking one. Dry irons make short work of harder materials and clothes, but steam irons make sure your gentle and fine clothing stays well maintained. We would suggest picking a set of both which matches your needs and offers the best of both worlds.
No matter which product you choose it should be one which matches your needs. If you are travelling and going from meeting to meeting, then a steam iron is a great addition to your inventory.
If you need a suit or a dress every once in a while, then a cheaper steam iron which also works as a dry one makes for a great choice. Whatever your choice may be make sure you pick the one which best suits your needs.