Are you hoping to recreate the beer drinking experience at your favorite pub at home for yourself, your friends, and/or guests? You might want to consider purchasing a beer keg refrigerator, or a kegerator. This specialized fridge allows you to keep kegs of draft beer cool, fresh and carbonated for several months by using carbon dioxide to pressurize the keg.
The 5 Best Selling Kegerators:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling kegerators available for sale on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- Holds US Standard 1/4 and 1/2 Kegs. Does NOT support use of Coors, Miller, rubberized or other oversized kegs
- Temp Range: Low 30's to Mid 40's; Easy conversion to a refrigerator; 5 lbs CO2 cylinder included (supplied empty)
- Dimensions: 50-7/16" H (includes tap & casters) x 20-3/16" W x 20-1/16" D (Depth w/ external tank mounted: 30-1/2") (Height w/out tap and casters: 33-1/8"), Warranty: 90 days labor, 1 year parts
- Stores up to a full sized half shell Sankey standard keg or two sixth kegs; does NOT support use of Coors, Miller rubberized or other oversized kegs
- Temperatures: Low 30s to mid 40s degrees; rolling casters included for easy mobility; Protective floor plate
- For freestanding use only and indoor use only; 5 lb. CO2 cylinder (supplied empty) included with external or internal mounting capabilities
- PLEASE NOTE: Part number BR3001SS will be shown on the retail box and all needed items that comprise the KC3000SSTWIN will be included within this same box; Freestanding operation only; Digital...
- Deep chill mode; Dispensing components included; Black cabinet & stainless steel door
- Guard rail, drip tray, & casters included; Includes two (2) wire shelves for refrigerator use
- Fits kegs of all sizes, including rubberized, half-barrel, slim quarter, up to three (3) sixth barrel kegs, and up to three (3) corny kegs
- Temperature Range: 32 - 50°F / Deep Chill Mode: With the touch of a button quickly cool new kegs, then deactivate to maintain the desired temperature
- Features a knockout on the back of the unit to allow for external storage of the CO2 tank / Unit Dimensions: 33-1/2" H x 23-5/8" W x 23-3/8" D / Installation Type: freestanding
- DIGITAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL: With a digital LED display and intuitive controls, it is easy to set and verify the internal temperature of this home brew keg refrigerator. No more guessing what...
- WIDE ENOUGH TEMPERATURE RANGE TO DISPENSE OR FERMENT: Fan-forced cooling provides even cooling throughout the kegerator, and gives it one of the coldest temperature ranges of any keg cooler on the...
- LARGE INTERIOR: Store up to three Cornelius ball lock kegs in the HBK309S-2's spacious interior, or use it to hold a 6 gallon bucket or carboy of fermenting homebrew. This keg refrigerator can even be...
While kegerators can be used for personal or business purposes, they are generally the preferred storage option for business operators for their cost-efficiency. Large kegerators can house 5-gallon kegs, thus sidestepping all the packaging costs involved when purchasing all the bottles and cans needed to store equivalent volumes of beer.
Kegerators can also be used to store and dispense wine, coffee, kombucha and soda (different liquids require different modifications to the system, however).
The 5 Best Kegerators:
Kegerators come in various sizes, prices and specifications (they typically come with a stainless steel keg, a CO2 cylinder, a CO2 pressure regulator, a keg coupler (also known as a keg tap), a beer and airline, a tower, a drip tray, a shank, a faucet, a faucet handle), which be confusing for even seasoned keg users.
We’ve helped narrow down your selection process by listing the top 5 kegerators that are currently available on the market:
The Nostalgia KRS2100 is available in an elegant black or stainless steel finish and can house full-size kegs (15.5 gallons), 1/2-barrel kegs and pony kegs – any keg that is less than 26 inches in height. The four swivel casters make it highly mobile; you can transport it to the clubhouse, pool or office (or wherever the party needs to be) without much hassle or effort.
This keg comes with a semi-gloss black tap tower and a chrome guard rail to prevent glasses from falling off the countertop. You can use the thermostat to adjust the temperature and the single-gauge, medical equipment-grade CO2 regulator to adjust the pressure to produce the perfect pint – with the simple pull of the spring-loaded, top-mounted tap.
Like the Nostalgia KRS2100, the EdgeStar comes with a column draft tower, a drip tray, a chrome guard rail to prevent glasses from falling off the countertop, a modern black finish, and casters for easy, hassle-free mobility. It also features a protective metal floor plate for added durability.
The EdgeStar is often the preferred choice of experienced beer enthusiasts since its low-temperature thermostat allows it to keep a full standard size keg full of beer chilled in the low 30s (and up to the mid-40s).
It also manages to house a standard full-size keg while being 4 inches less wide than the average standard full-size kegerator. This space-saving measure is accomplished by having an external tank mount at the back of the EdgeStar, thus freeing up interior space. This compactness can come in handy if space is an issue for you.
Housed in a sleek silver and black design, this stainless steel mini kegerator (which weighs 13.89 pounds) produces perfect pints with a simple handle pull.
It is compatible with standard 5-liter kegs and 5L Heineken mini-kegs and comes equipped with an adjustable thermostat, thermoelectric cooling technology, and an LED temperature display. The SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator works best with a temperature range of 32-39 degrees Fahrenheit.
Its CO2 cartridge pressure control system includes three CO2 cartridges, keeping your beer at optimal chilliness for up to 30 days. The removable water drip tray makes the cleaning process so much easier.
The Versonel VSL155TDSS has a similar build to the Nostalgia KRS2100 and the EdgeStar. It features casters for convenient, hassle-free mobility, a chrome guard rail, a stainless steel top drip tray unit, and a single black tap tower and chrome tap font.
With a capacity of 6 cubic feet, the Versonel VSL155TDSS can easily store kegs of all sizes, and can also be converted to a standard bar fridge by simply taking out its two removable wire racks.
It also features an LCD digital temperature display upfront, allowing you to ensure that your beer is being chilled at your preferred temperature (34 degrees to mid-40s). The sleek, minimalist stainless steel finishing allows you to inject some stylish sophistication to your living room bar or kitchen.
This Kegco dispenser is the most expensive kegerator on this list, but the price tag is justified by its ability to dispense beer from multiple kegs at once, via its dual tap feature. The Kegco Dual Tap Freestanding Kegerator beer dispenser can house one full-size keg (15.5 gallons), one-half size or quarter size barrel, two 1/6 barrels, or three homebrew kegs.
Like the Versonel VSL155TDSS, the Nostalgia KRS2100 and the EdgeStar, it comes equipped with removable drip tray, a chrome guard rail to prevent mugs and glasses from falling off, and a (textured) serving countertop.
With its suave black cabinet, polished stainless steel door, sleek digital temperature display, and forged brass faucets that gleam with a resplendent chrome finish, this Kegco dispenser’s aesthetic refinement is also a sight for sore eyes. It also comes with enhanced functionality: its deep chill function activates the compressor for 24 hours to swiftly chill a warm keg. You can also remove its two adjustable shelves to convert it into a refrigerator.
While kegerators are probably the ultimate beer-at-home status symbol, there are various things to consider before making your purchase. How much space does your kitchen, living room, garage or basement have? How many kegs do you plan to hold within your kegerator?
If you also plan to use your kegerator as a fridge, the additional financial investment needed to purchase the Kegco Dual Tap Freestanding Kegerator might be worth considering. And if you have a keen sense for style and design, you’ll also want to make sure that your kegerator visually complements the other appliances in your kitchen, home bar, living room, or choice of entertainment venue.