Cold brew coffee is the latest trend for coffee aficionados. Even Starbucks has gotten in on the trend with its new cold brew line.
However, the question remains: why has it become so popular? In hot brewed coffee, many bitter oils and fatty acids are released. This causes the “bite” in coffee that many people find unpalatable.
In our professional opinion the 10130 Patented Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker, by Takeya, is the best cold brew coffee maker currently for sale on Amazon.
- The 5 Best Selling Cold Brew Coffee Makers:
- The 5 Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers on Amazon:
- Other Options:
- How to choose the right cold brew coffeemaker
The 5 Best Selling Cold Brew Coffee Makers:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling cold brew coffee makers currently available for sale on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day. Scroll further down for our full buying guide and cold brew coffee maker reviews.
- The Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a durable BPA-Free Tritan pitcher with an airtight lid and...
- THE FINE-MESH COFFEE FILTER in this cold brew coffee maker keeps grounds out of your freshly brewed...
- PREMIUM BOTTLES AND LIDS: Our innovative line of insulated hydration solutions come in a range of...
- BPA FREE HYDRATION SOLUTIONS: From insulated stainless steel water bottles to beverage makers and...
- INNOVATIVE HYDRATION SOLUTIONS: Takeya brings over 55 years of Japanese design heritage to our line...
- Easy to Use: Simply add coffee, steep overnight, and enjoy fresh cold brew in the morning. Simple...
- Stainless Steel Filter: Constructed of high-quality mesh that prevents coffee grounds from entering...
- Easy Pour, Leak-Proof Lid: Flip Cap Lid allows for easy brewing, pouring, and storage. Tight seal...
- Durable Mason Jar: Ball Mason Jars withstand rough handling and don't leach harmful chemicals.
- Multi-Use: Works great for tea and as an infuser. Brewer components are food-grade and BPA free.
- COLD BREW COFFEE AT HOME – Save money and time by making incredibly rich and smooth cold brew...
- DO IT YOURSELF CRAFT COLD BREW - Our unique cold brew extraction process produces flavorful, full...
- STREAMLINED DESIGN – Simply add coffee grounds to the brew filter, pour cold water over the...
- HASSLE-FREE COLD BREW- Designed to make cold brewing easy and mess-free. Easy to use, dishwasher...
- TIME FOR COLD BREW - A slow brewed cup of cold brew coffee is the perfect way to start the day....
- ☕ Cold Brew Coffee at Home: Our cold coffee maker uses 304 grade stainless steel for the carafe...
- ☕ Laser Cut Filter: We use ultra fine lasers to puncture the holes in our cold coffee brewer's...
- ☕ Airtight Dual Layer Silicone Seals: Our coffee cold brew maker uses a dual airtight seal to keep...
- ☕ BPA Free and Cold Brew Manual: The materials we use in our coffee and tea maker surpass...
- ☕ Lifetime Replacement Policy: At Cafe Du Chateau, we care about your experience with our...
- BETTER BREWING - Enjoy smooth delicious cold brew coffee at home in just a few easy steps. Also...
- EASY-TO-USE - Brew store and serve all in one. A simple four step process for delicious cold brew...
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN - This pitcher is manufactured without BPA and is odor and stain resistant The...
- PERFECT COMPACT SIZE - Large enough for multiple servings yet still fits most refrigerator doors...
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES - Use your favorite coffee grounds, loose leaf tea, or tea bags and base your...
They try to reduce this acidity by adding milk, cream, or sugar to their coffee. But what about those die-hard coffee drinkers who prefer black coffee? In comes cold brew coffee makers to save the day! Cold-brew allows coffee to have a deeper more concentrated coffee taste but it is significantly less acidic than a hot brew.
In cold-brewed coffee, these oils and acids found in a hot brew are greatly reduced. Many of these oils and acids are only released at high temperatures, so when the coffee is cold brewed the acidity is reduced by around 67%.
By cold brewing coffee, all of the distinct flavors are released resulting in a perfectly balanced and distinctly smooth and flavorful cup of coffee. This cup can then be either reheated for a nice warm cup, minus the acidity, or consumed as-is for a cold and refreshing summer beverage.
The tradeoff is that cold brew coffee can take a really long time to brew correctly. There are multiple ways that one could cold brew coffee, but one of the easiest ways is to get a cold brew coffee maker.
This will allow you to make a delicious drink with little to no effort and in much less time. Additionally, these cold coffee brewers can also be used to cold brew tea. Generally, green or larger leaf teas are suggested as small leaf teas such a rooibos can clog the filters.
The 5 Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers on Amazon:
Below we have listed and reviewed the 5 best cold brew coffee makers currently available for sale on Amazon:
1. Takeya Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker
The Takeya Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker is currently the #1 Best Seller on Amazon.com. With its affordable price and it’s free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime, the Takeya Cold Brew is a popular coffee maker.
The BPA free, dishwasher safe carafe will brew four servings of coffee using any of your favorite coffee grinds. The carafe has an airtight lid to prevent leaks and helps to lock in freshness and flavor.
With the Takeya Cold Brew, it’s as simple as 1. Add Coffee, 2. Brew and 3. Serve Hot or Cold! The fine mesh infuser in the carafe ensures that only the naturally delicious coffee flavors are extracted making the flavor profile that much more robust. The carafe also features a silicone handle ensuring that you get a good grip without the risk of it slipping from your hand.
2. gosh! DRIPO Cold Brew Portable Barista Iced Coffee Maker
Next up on the list is a product by the company gosh! which features a DRIPO Cold Brew Portable Barista Iced, Coffee Maker. Another affordable appliance on the market, the DRIPO provides an all-in-one convenience that is perfect to bring traveling or camping.
You are able to make, serve and store your cold brew all in this ice drip coffee maker. As compared to other systems on the market, the DRIPO creates a cold brew in less time – about 1.5 to 2.5 hours to be exact.
The DRIPO Cold Brew provides superior coffee flavor using one of two styles: Dutch or Japanese. These styles specialize in the slow drip coffee method that extracts the coffee’s natural aromatic flavors without the bitter oils and acids.
It’s simple to use, simple to set up and a breeze to clean. Use with any of your favorite coffee brands and enjoy an artisan iced coffee from the comforts of your own home.
3. Yama Glass 6-8 Cup Cold Drip Maker Straight Black Wood
The Yama cold coffee brewer is a beautiful piece of equipment and is sure to be a standout piece on your counter-top. Even though the price is quite high compared to others on the market, it is meant to be a fine quality appliance that is sure to be a conversation piece.
The stand is made of smooth black wood and the containers are made of clear glass. It has a permanent ceramic filter for easy and economical brewing. It also features a brass valve to adjust the drip time for perfectly balanced brew time and flavor quality.
Once brewed, you can keep the coffee refrigerated for up to 7 days and either reheat or drink cold. This item is great for both coffee and tea drinkers, too.
It comes with a large 32-ounce capacity and glass stopper for the bottom flask. It does not come with detailed instructions which can be frustrating for beginners, but Yama states that it is very easy to use once mastered. Also, the recommended drip time is a little longer than some others on the market (approximately 3-4 hours).
4. Nispira Cold Brew Dripper Coffee Maker in Stainless Steel and Borosilicate Glass
This cold coffee brewer is perfect for consumers who want to fuse the old-style feel of the traditional brewers with the modern feel of stainless steel. The price point is very reasonable, and the machine is great for those that want to have a more minimal and futuristic brewer.
The sleek, stainless steel frame of the NISPIRA Luxury Ice Cold Brew Dripper is solid support for the clear, borosilicate glass containers. It uses paper filters and comes with some so you can begin brewing right away. It also features a metal drip valve to help control the drip rate and quality of the brew.
It is far more affordable at under $100; however, it does have a few noted issues. It uses paper filters that are less economical and require the user to go and buy more to continue using the product.
It also comes with very few instructions so may not be appropriate for beginners cold brewers. However, intermediate or advanced users may find this the perfect, budget-friendly option. The NISPIRA serves 5-8 people and makes 20oz of cold brew coffee in one go.
5. OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker
Last but not least is the OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker. With a 32 ounce capacity, this cold brew dripper is perfect for a family or office space. It has a smaller countertop footprint than other machines and uses a borosilicate glass carafe with a stopper to ensure coffee stays fresh for longer.
The OXO uses a brewing method referred to as Perforated Rainmaker that ensures even distribution of water over the coffee grounds for optimal flavor extraction.
Unlike the NISPIRA, the OXO Good Grips Cold Brew uses an ultra-fine, stainless steel mesh filter which is reusable and easy to clean. No wasteful paper filters for this coffee maker! Another great feature of the OXO is the auto-stop.
When you remove the carafe from underneath the machine, the coffee maker automatically stops filtering to prevent spills and mess. And with a 32-ounce capacity, you can enjoy roughly 12-14 beverages with just one full carafe. One big downside to this appliance, however, is the recommended steep time of 12-24 hours. For those who want a faster cold brew, this may not be your option.
The products listed here either just missed out on a top 5 list position or were out of stock or discontinued during our last product check.
Hario Coffee Water Dripper Wood Cold Brew Drip
The Hario brand is one of the most well-known brands of cold coffee brewers. Hario brewers are made in Japan and focus on high-quality and elegant construction. This brewer is both ornamental and functional. It features a dark wood frame with beautiful glass components. It also has a brass faucet and valve with silicone sealant and a stainless steel reusable filter.
This brewer features drop-by-drop percolation and a 26 ounce capacity for a perfect, high-quality cup of coffee. This brewer is most assuredly a gorgeous piece of equipment; however, it does have one major drawback.
As with any brand name that is well-known for high-end items, Hario Coffee Water Dripper runs on the expensive side. At over $250, Hariois priced a little further out of the regular consumer’s budget. However, some coffee aficionados will pay for an original classic, and the Hario Coffee Water Dripper Wood Cold Brew Drip most definitely delivers just that.
NISPIRA Iced Coffee Cold Brew Dripper Maker Wooden
This cold coffee brewer is a more mid-range brewer for those that love the look of the Yama and Hario style brewers but are on a tighter budget. At around $100, this brewer has all the style of the traditionally branded brewers with a much more palatable price tag.
It has a capacity of 20 ounces (serving 6-8 people) and comes with a carved wooden stand that mirrors the curves of the heat-resistant glass for an attractive and balanced brewer. The NISPIRA also features a metal valve for flawless drip control that allows you to balance the time and quality of the brew.
It has been noted that the lid for the bottom flask sometimes does not sit flush – this can make it easy to knock off. This may lead to the lid being broken, so users may want to take care when moving the bottom flask while the lid is on. It also comes with a stainless steel filter for simple brewing that leaves coffee ground-free – an important feature to any coffee brewer, really.
Osaka Cold Brew Coffee Maker
The Osaka Cold Brew Coffee Maker is definitely one of the most budget-friendly options on this list. It uses slightly lower-quality materials with a plastic top chamber, but it still features a hand-blown borosilicate glass carafe with a sizable 30-ounce capacity (6 cups of coffee).
The carafe also comes with a lid so that coffee can be stored and consumed at a future time. It has an adjustable drip control to control both the time of brew and the quality of the coffee.
It also comes with a stainless steel reusable filter so you can always make coffee without worrying about running out of filters. This is most certainly the best option for beginner cold brewers as it comes with very detailed instructions and tips that are generally missing from the more expensive models.
How to choose the right cold brew coffeemaker
So you’ve figured out you want to become a cold coffee brewer, but now you have to select an appliance suitable for you. First, pick your budget. Are you wanting to go over-the-top, high-end right away or take it slow (especially if you’re a beginner) and chose something a little easier on the wallet?
Next, pick your capacity. Are you brewing for 1-2 or 6-8? The capacity options differ from machine to machine, so you will be able to find one that is just right for how many cups you’re after.
Finally, choose your brew time. Now brewing cold coffee takes significantly longer than brewing hot coffee, but some cold brew coffee makers are faster than others. Whether you need that cold brew fix in 2 hours or 24 hours will make a difference on the appliance you select.
Overall, all the cold coffee makers on the market today all brew with one thing in mind: pure, robust flavor with less acidity. Therefore, no matter the direction you go, your cold brew will be delicious.
Cold brew coffee makers are the newest way to create quality, artisan drip coffee without the acidic flavor from regular hot brew coffee makers.
Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly, economical option or you want a traditional and elegant piece, this list should help you decide on what brand and set-up are best for you. All that is left is to purchase one, set it up, and become your new favorite barista right at home!
This article was last updated on March 18, 2021 .