FeastHome Reviews – You need fresh, clean air for sure. But, the environment doesn’t always give it to you. That’s why most people will need the best air filter for home to purify the polluted air in their surroundings. Luckily, there are some best products you can always count on.
House and Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.
Air filter will help you remove some or most of pollutants from your indoor air. It works by drawing room air in and through its filter to blowing out fresh, clean air. If you get the good one, it can remove dust, gases, allergens, and other pollutants.
There are numerous air filters or purifiers on the market these days. That’s the reason why I did the hard work for you. Here I’ve put together the nine best air filters that I think can do the best job of giving fresh, clean air in your home.
1. Best for Home with Pets: Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier
- Ozone-Free Filtration: Safe is top priority! UV-C light purification methods can produce high levels...
- Say Goodbye to Polluted Air: Have you ever seen what comes out of your vents, from heating and air...
- Best-Selling Brand: As the #1-selling air purifier brand in the US, LV-H132 has been chosen by...
- Always High-Quality: Everyone deserves to feel refreshed and safe at home. This air purifier is ETL...
- Whisper-Quiet: Trying to sleep with rattling or loud humming noises coming from your air purifier?...
If you are dreaming of a small but mighty air purifier, Levoit LV-H132 is just the thing. This air filter is perfect for a pet owner as well.
Not only is able to free the air of any pollen, smoke, and dust, it can also tackle pet dander, hair, and smells. More interestingly, this model also works great both in small and medium-sized rooms.
- This model is small but mighty.
- It comes with a 3-stage Air Filtration System.
- Some users report it to be a bit loud.
2. Best under 100: Morihata International Chikuno Cube
- Cube Size: 2"x2"
- Material: Bamboo Charcoal
- Perfect for fridges, closets, or anywhere that needs a bit of freshening up!
- It’s eco-friendly and can be re-used for up to 1 year just by exposing it to direct sunlight every...
This is another best air filter for home that you can take into account. Listed here as the best air filter under $100, the Chikuno Cube is actually a great non-electric air filter that can make the most of your indoor air.
You don’t need any electrical connection to make it work for you. All you have to do is expose this product to about six hours of direct sunlight once per month.
- It has a compact and stylish design and doesn’t require electricity.
- It might only last for a year.
3. Best for Allergies: Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier
- Captures and traps pollutants for cleaner air.
- Purifies and cools you.²
- 360° filtration system combines a filter to remove odors and gases with HEPA to capture 99.97% of...
- Air Multiplier technology generates the circulation power to draw distant pollutants into the...
- Choose between 0° and 70° oscillation
If allergy season leads you to live your worst life, the Pure Cool Air Purifier by Dyson is here to save the day.
This product is able to calculate the number of pollutants inside your room, and then mechanically adjusting itself to filter them out.
- It comes in a great design and is able to adjust automatically to the pollutants level in your home.
- It’s a bit expensive.
4. Best for Larger Rooms: Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air...
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair's HEPASilent technology, delivers clean air, faster, and much more...
- ONE OF THE QUIESTEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (31 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses...
- COMBAT ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes...
If you need an air filter for a big room, the Blueair Blue Pure 211+ is surely the best choice. It is suitable for rooms up to 540 square feet, making it perfect for a larger room.
Besides, it also acquires a great rating for its excellent performance at getting rid of smoke, pollen, and dust from room air.
- It’s mostly suitable for asthma or allergy sufferers.
- It’s great for large rooms.
- Some owners complained that it’s a bit noisy.
5. Best under $200: Winix PlasmaWave 5500-2
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other...
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors....
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and...
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a...
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family...
If you are looking for the best air filter for home which is under $200, Winix PlasmaWave is the right one you can find on the market. Despite its low price, this product is a top rated air filter for its patented PlasmaWave technology.
- It has a smart sensor which monitors the air quality in your home and automatically adjusts itself for maximal air cleaning power.
- It cannot handle a large room which is more than 360 square feet.
6. Best Advanced Technology: AIRMEGA 300S Smarter Enabled Air Purifier
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,256 sq. ft. in 30 minutes
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA...
- [APP and Voice Control] IoCare mobile app includes indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring, filter...
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting...
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by...
This product offers something that not many other devices give: the Smart Enabled Features. This product is also popular for its ability to control every aspect of it from your Android or iOS devices.
This device employs an advanced set of air purifiers including True HEPA and Activated Carbon which is able to capture 99% of VOCs and 99.97% of other pollutants.
- It’s suitable for large room.
- This product isn’t the cheapest air filter on the market.
7. Best Compact: BeeMoon Compact Air Cleaner
If you need a powerful cleaning in a little package, the Compact Air Cleaner from BeeMoon is your best bet. Regardless of its small size, it can reduce 99% of pollutants including pollen and pet dander.
As the best air filter for home, this machine is fully washable and can save you money of buying a new one every few months.
- For its size, it’s extremely effective.
- The power light cannot be switched off.
8. Best Quiet: RabbitAir BioGS Ultra Air Purifier
If you find white noise bothersome, you perhaps struggle with using an air filter. Fortunately, there is the RabbitAir BioGS which can be an ideal alternative for you.
This device features an ultra-quiet BLDC motor which makes it less noisy than other products on the market. Besides, it can clean allergens from rooms as big as 625 sq. ft. up to twice an hour.
- Its sound is undetectable.
- It can instantly reduce allergens.
- It doesn’t really suitable for larger rooms.
9. Best Overall: Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq. ft (CADR: Dust 246 /...
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures...
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED...
- Fan speeds available in 1, 2, 3 stages by manually setting up. While auto mode automatically...
- Timer feature allows the machine to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
Currently owning a high rating on Amazon with 4.4/5, the Coway Mighty Air Purifier is just an excellent choice for anyone who needs a reliable air filter. It’s extremely effective against indoor air pollution thanks to its four-stage filtration system.
Moreover, this machine is also well-suited for pet owners who usually need to contend with odors and pet dander in their home. It’s also nice for smokers trying to diminish the amount of second-hand smoke in their surroundings.
- The device is compact, power saving, and highly effective.
- It’s a bit more expensive than its previous version.
That’s all the nine best air filters for home that you can use. All the products above are available on Amazon and show a good reputation with excellent rating on this marketplace. Lastly, I hope that this list of the best air filter for home has been a valuable reference for you.