Nail guns are often used for work that includes remodeling. However, they serve a massive purpose when you are framing something. The Hitachi Nail Gun is one of the top options when you need to frame something and it works well for finishing and application. Looking at the Hitachi NT65MA4 Framing Nail Gun, we believe it might be a great option for finishing jobs.
Having worked beside many hobbyists, or rather observed their work, we have seen the Hitachi NT65MA4 Framing Nail Gun in action. We have done some additional research on the nail gun to see how it works and stacks to some of the best. Now, you can find out for yourself, if this is the right nail gun for you.
Key Features of the Hitachi NT65MA4 Framing Nail Gun:
- The main purpose of this nail gun is for framing and to add a finish to products you are making
- It features a pneumatic design with adjustable an adjustable dial that will help you manage the power
- The dimensions are ideal for all users, with it only being around 16.9 x 4.8 x 15-inches
- Once in the carrying case and all the Hitachi Nail Gun Parts includes, it will weigh merely 4.2-pounds
- Multiple safety features, including the goggles, have been added to ensure you have every base covered
- It fires a maximum nail size of 1 and ¼ of an inch, with the minimum being 2-1/2 inches
- A magazine has been added with a capacity of 100 nails, it will also indicate whenever the magazine is low on nails
- We are not sure about the speed, but it should be right up there with some of the top brand nailers like the Dewalt DWFP12231, Ryobi ZRP320, and others.
Review of the Hitachi NT65MA4 Framing Nail Gun
With professional being some of the first people to vouch for this nail gun, it is hard for us to overlook it. We had to give it a try and find out if the unit does match up to the standards you will need. Here is a review of the Hitachi nail gun specially designed for those with limited insight into the best nail guns. You can decide for yourself if it is worth it.
Design And Adjustability
As you look at the unit, you will see that it has been designed for professional purposes. Not only is it smooth, but it comes with a couple of great adjustments. Yes, you will be able to adjust the depth gauge and find out if it can hit the nails where you want them, but it also includes an indicator that will let you know before the magazine runs empty.
Once you have it in your hands, it is ergonomic. With the entire unit and the case merely weighing 4.2-pounds, it meets some of the standards that we have used for the best electric nail guns. This also includes all of the Hitachi nail gun parts the unit will need and use when you are busy with a couple of your tasks.
One of the special features is the exhaust port that we have not noticed yet. Since it will absorb some of the wood, you can turn the exhaust port the full 360-degrees. Now, you don’t need to worry about the wood being sprayed onto you the whole time. The exhaust port is really easy to clean and does not really clog up either.
It Includes Everything
When we look at power tools, there are a couple of mandatory safety tips and things you need to keep in mind. However, Hitachi does take safety really seriously and you will see this once you open the box. A solid pair of goggles have been included to ensure your eyes are fully protected at all times. It also meets some of the safety standards for power tools.
As we have mentioned, it fits nicely into a case that can be carried around with yours. You don’t need to worry about it being damaged, with the additional padding on the inside. It is almost like every part of the case has been designed to house a specific part and your Hitachi Nail Gun should never run the risk of having to face damages.
Adjustments Are Tool Free
Having used a couple of top nail guns, you might find that tools are always added to the kit. These tools are used to make some of the adjustments. In the modern age, we don’t really like all of these tools, especially when we are working remotely. Fortunately, Hitachi has made it simple and easy and you don’t need to worry about tools for your nail gun.
Since you will need an air compressor to use this pneumatic nail gun, the designers have thought of this as well. Making the connection to your air compressor is really simple and easy. You don’t need to worry about tools to make them. The downside might be that carrying an additional compressor can be heavy, and you might need to look for one of the best air compressors to help you.
What I Like About the Hitachi NT65MA4 Framing Nail Gun:
- It is a highly recommended item on the list and part of the kits of professionals
- It meets all the safety standards that are required for power tools around the world
- The unit is lightweight at only 4.2-pounds, including all the Hitachi Nail Gun parts
- No tools are needed to make any adjustments to the unit
- Multiple dials will allow you to make these above-mentioned adjustments
- A 360-degree exhaust is perfect if you don’t want to be full of wood
- It comes with a limited 5-year warranty
What We Didn’t Like About This Hitachi Nail Gun:
- You will need an air compressor to have it work right
- It is fairly expensive but includes everything
Would I Buy a Hitachi Nail Gun?
The Hitachi NT65MA4 Framing Nail Gun is definitely a worthwhile investment if you love doing detailed work and framing. As we have mentioned, it is used by many of the professionals and comes with a massive reputation as well. However, the price is a little steep, especially if you are going to buy an additional air compressor.
I would only buy this product if I was in the industry, or I needed something reliable that will never let me down. This unit is also great for those with hobbies and you won’t need to worry about your unit having any issues. Hitachi also includes a limited 5-year warranty on the unit and most of the parts for some peace of mind.
Designers will love this product and it is most certainly something that almost everyone needs to give a go. We have seen mostly great feedback from the users and the complaints have been minor small things. Let us know what you think about the Hitachi Nail Gun and more specifically, the Hitachi NT65MA4 Framing Nail Gun we have just looked at.