Proper maintenance on a home is essential to maintaining and boosting its value. It is also the best way to make the home more appealing and make it feel like the sanctuary that it is meant to be. In order to do that, one of the most important tools that homeowners can purchase is a power washer. There are many brands and types of power washers on the market today, but what do you really need to get the job done?
The 5 Best Selling Electric Pressure Washers:
- POWERFUL: 14. 5-Amp/1800-watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1. 76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and water inlet temperature (max) is 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- VERSATILE: Tackle a variety of cleaning tasks: homes, buildings, RV’s, cars, trucks, boats, decks, driveways, patios, lawn equipment, and more. With two 0. 9 L onboard detergent tanks, removable...
- TSS (Total Stop System): Automatically shuts off pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.
- 3000 PSI Powerful Motor ---- Schafter Incredible Professional Cleaning Power Generated by the 1800 Watt Motor Outputs a Whopping 1.80 GPM and 3000 PSI Pressure for Maximum Cleaning and Scrubbing Power
- Interchangeable Nozzles ---- From 0º, 15º, 25º, 40ºand Soap To Tackle Light, Medium and Heavy Duty Cleaning Tasks Easily. You can Choose High or Low Pressure to Wash Various Surfaces
- Ergonomical &Efficient ---- Compact, upright design with axle mounted wheels allows easy roll-away mobility. Pistol style grip with trigger spray wand dispenses for efficient pressure washing
- Powerful – Our Electric Pressure Washer 3000 psi and 2.2 gpm, better than a gas pressure washer because of its quiet motor, which stops when you release the spray gun trigger
- Accessories - Turbo and angle nozzles, patio - surface cleaner, soap foam sprayer, brush and other parts are all included
- Flexible hose – the hose has 30% more flexibility then our previous model
- Powerful motor: powerful 14.5-Amp motor generates up to 2030 psi/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power
- Pressure select technology: choose from two powerful cleaning options - low/1450 psi for everyday dirt, grease + grime, and high/2030 psi to tackle your toughest cleaning tasks. Max rating per CSA...
- Detergent tank: onboard 54.1 fl oz. Detergent tank lets you dial-in just the right amount of detergent to give your cleaning blast a boost!
- POWERFUL MOTOR: Powerful 14. 5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1. 76 GPM for maximum cleaning power
- QUICK-CONNECT SPRAY TIPS: 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0?, 15?, 25?, 40? and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- ONBOARD REEL: Onboard reel keeps 20 ft. (6m) high pressure hose organized for quick and easy clean-up and storage
The Ivation Electric Pressure Washer is the firm favorite when it comes to high powered electric pressure washers. With 2200 PSI of pressure power, 5 interchangeable nozzles, an extra turbo wand, Total Stop System, Optional Self Suction and Soap Dispenser it’s the ideal pressure washer for the home, cars, boats, and decks. The 1 600 watt motor generates a water flow of 1.8 GPM, which is more than enough to remove stubborn dirt and grime. The complete system can be set up in a minute and the unique copper connection works on most hoses, for a simple effortless connection.
Choosing the Best Pressure Washer for your Needs
The first thing to consider, prior to making any purchase, is what you need the pressure washer to do for you. Pressure washers can be used for extensive work such as siding on the house, boats and recreational vehicles. If that is the case, then a more powerful tool with greater options will give you, the buyer, the best bang for your buck. The right amount of pressure needed for this kind of work is at least 3000 PSI. For smaller jobs, such as cleaning off sidewalks or small decks, a smaller device that is less expensive will work wonders and save you money in the process. 2000 PSI is ideal for that kind of light work.
Type of pressure washer (Gas vs Electric)
You should know there are two kinds of pressure washers, the electric and gas kinds. Before purchasing a pressure washer, take into account which type will favor you the most. An electric pressure washer, which this post is focused on, is more convenient given that its electric cord remains hooked to the power supply and you don’t need to regularly refill the gas. Being corded, it’s less mobile than a gas powered pressure washer, so we do recommend that you purchase one with at least a 25-foot cord. The longer the better in this case.
The added benefit of an electric pressure washer is the little to no maintenance required, as there are far fewer moving parts than with a gas powered pressure washer. According to our usage models, gas is also the more expensive option in general, due to the per unit costs involved.
Hot vs. Cold Water Pressure Washers
Pressure washers are available with heaters that will heat the water up for more difficult jobs. Some washers do not have that option, but you may not need it. If you are attempting to get grease or tar off the surface, then a pressure washer with a heater will provide optimal results. If the only job the washer needs to perform is to get surface dirt off, then the heater may not be necessary because the pressure and water will get the job done well. A pressure washer with a heater will cost more than one without, so only purchase one with a heater if you absolutely need it.
The durability of a pressure washer must be considered. The most durable ones come from big brands. Steer clear from buying a pressure washer from a small and uncommon brand. Considering the machine is not cheap, careful investing is very necessary. Big brands usually have warranties for the greatest amount of time the machine should do efficiently and effectively. The warranties are set by the manufacturer and provided the machine gives in before meeting the set time limit, the machine purchaser should feel free to return the machine for a refund of his money or a replacement.
Do not risk purchasing a pressure washer from a small brand to drop the possibility of losing a lot of money on a useless machine or a headache that would come from following a case that will bear zero results. Better buy a more expensive pressure washer from a big and well-known brand than a cheaper one that will cost you more in maintenance costs.
Best Brands of Pressure Washers to Choose From
Purchasing an unknown brand of power tool for your collection can be a costly mistake. You want reliability, and you want to know that the brand backs up their product. Some of the best brands for power washers include Generac, Honda GX270 pressure washer, Karcher and AR Blue Clean AR383. Purchasing a cheap brand might be alright for peanut butter or cereal, but for a large piece of equipment that can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars, it is much better to stick with a brand that is known and trusted. It is not worth the cost if you purchase a cheap, no-name brand.
Are you looking to buy a new pressure washer that is both efficient and effective? This machine is quite costly; therefore, you will need to consider a few things before purchasing one. You want a pressure washer that will serve you for a long time and do the work you wanted it to.