My wife and I decided to invest in a new juicer in our quest for healthier and fresher juices. We grew tired of the constant recalls and concerns surrounding store-bought juices and wanted to control our juice-making process. We figured this would benefit us both and our children.
House and Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.
Our goal was to create delicious orange juice and carrot juice and even experiment with drinking celery juice. However, we soon realized that the juicer we had chosen was not ideal for juicing celery stalks or carrots.
After some research, we discovered the magic of masticating juicers compared to centrifugal juicers. In this post, we will inform you about what a masticating a juicer machine is and how it can revolutionize your celery juicing experience.
Let’s talk about celery juice. Celery juicers come with all sorts of promises in all shapes and sizes. Still, when on the prowl for good celery juicers, little holds importance, like the ability to produce as much juice as possible.
That’s where masticating juicers come in, Keep reading to learn more about them.
What Is a Masticating Juicer
Understanding Masticating Celery Juicers:
A masticating juicer, also called a cold press or slow juicer, is a type of juicing machine that operates at a lower speed than its centrifugal counterparts. The name “masticating” comes from the slow juicer’s chewing-like action, as it slowly and methodically chews up the fruits and vegetables, extracting the juice in the process.
Unlike the centrifugal juicer we previously tried, which uses high-speed spinning blades to extract juice, masticating juicers employ an auger or a single-gear mechanism to crush and grind the produce.
The auger rotates at a slower speed, usually around 80-100 revolutions per minute (RPM), which helps preserve the nutrients and enzymes present in the fruits and vegetables. They give more juice yields when compared to the other centrifugal counterparts, and they do this with less noise and less waste.
They are handy if you intend to juice things like wheatgrass and leafy vegetables, which are harder to extract juice from.
Benefits of Using Masticating Juicers For Carrots and Celery:
- Higher Juice Yield: One of the major advantages of masticating juicers is their ability to extract a higher juice yield. The slow grinding and crushing action efficiently break down the fibers, allowing for maximum juice extraction from the produce. This means you get more juice and less food waste.
- Preserves Nutrients: They operate at lower speeds, minimizing heat build-up during juicing. This gentle approach helps maintain the heat-sensitive enzymes, vitamins, and minerals that can be easily destroyed by heat and oxidation. As a result, the juices retain their nutritional value for extended periods.
- Versatility: Not limited to just fruits and vegetables. They can handle a wide range of produce, including leafy greens, wheatgrass, nuts, and even frozen fruits for making sorbets and frozen treats. This versatility lets you to experiment with different ingredients and create a variety of flavorful juices.
- Longer Shelf Life in the Fridge: Due to the slow extraction process and minimal oxidation, juices made with a masticating juicer have a longer shelf life than those made with centrifugal juicers. This means you can prepare larger batches of juice and store them for later consumption without worrying about significant nutrient loss or flavor deterioration.
The 5 Best Selling Masticating Juicers for Celery:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling masticating juicers for celery on Amazon.com, as well as any available discounts. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- 【Upgrad Two-speed Mode】Jocuu juicer has a soft/hard two-speed mode, which can extract various...
- 【For Higher Nutrient Extraction】Jocuu juicer machine has a 9-segment spiral system, juicers...
- 【With Intelligent Protection Core and Silent Motor】Jocuu juicers runs less than 60 decibels,...
- 【Safe and Easy to Clean】Jocuu juice maker has a one-button disassembly design, which can be...
- 【Advanced after-Aales Service】If you encounter any problems while using masticating juicer,...
- HIGH-TORQUE & LOW SPEED quietly spins at 70 RPM to masticate and squeeze deep nutrition out of...
- TALL FEED CHUTE to accommodate large cuts of fruits and vegetables.
- ULTRA COMPACT SIZE yet durable with its heavy-duty auger providing superior juicing for healthy...
- MAKE HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS JUICES directly from the source. Extract nutrient and vitamin dense juice...
- EASILY SEPARATE JUICE & PULP from the juice and extract fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, nuts and...
- NON-STOP JUICING: Powers through tough ingredients for powerful, non-stop juicing.
- CONTROL PULP: Total Pulp Control allows for customized juice with two interchangeable pulp filters:...
- PROGRAMS: 2 one-touch programs for simple use: Start/Stop and Reverse.
- POWER: Powerful high-torque motor base rotates auger at low speeds.
- EASY SETUP: Simple assembly makes for no-hassle setup and cleaning.
- ✔🍊【2 SPEEDS CONTROL & LED DISPLAY 】:This AMZCHEF slow juicer has flexible 2 speeds control...
- ✔✅【COMPACT 3 IN 1 VERSATILE JUICER MACHINE】AMZCHEF slow juicer does not only can work as a...
- ✔🍇【ANTI-OXIDATION & KEEP FRESH BETTER】:Slow masticating and small feeding chute design can...
- ✔🥕【SILENT OPERATION & EASY TO CLEAN 】The motor operates at less than 60db, So it doesn't...
- ✔🍑【 PORTABLE BOTTLES INCLUDED】: Offer travel bottle(500 ML/bottle)in the package, which...
- 🍏【Upgrade Spiral System,Richer Nutrition】AMZCHEF juice extractor with 7 spiral masticating...
- 【Multi-functional Juicer Masticating】One machine with multiple functions,transform your juicer...
- 【Small Caliber Slow Juicer Extractor】AMZCHEF cold press juicer machines with small feeder chute...
- 【Easy to Assemble and Intelligent Protection Chips】Slow juicer equipped intelligent protection...
- 【AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer Warranty & Service】We want you to feel safe and no worries with...
Our Selection of The 6 Best Masticating Juicers for Celery:
If you’re not sure which is the best masticating juicer for celery is best for you, have a look at our list of the 6 best value for money masticating juicers for celery below.
1. Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
The Aicok slow masticating juicer is currently the most popular masticating juicer on the market. It’s really easy to use, very efficient, easy to clean and affordable. As the juicer has a relatively wide chute you don’t have to spend too much time cutting celery into small pieces.
At 80 RPMs the juicer rotation is faster than several other juicer, but slow and powerful enough to extract the maximum amount of celery juice. The juicer comes with a cleaning brush, to make cleaning easier.
- Wide chute
- Easy to clean
- 3 Year warranty
- Can be slow
2. Omega J8006 Nutrition System Masticating Juicer
This masticating juicer is commonly referred to as the 8006. It works by chewing plant fiber to extract maximum nutrients from fruit. It doesn’t just work with fruit, this beast gives you the most out of vegetables and gets this GRINDS COFFEE BEANS!!!
Coming in at only 20lbs, it features an 80RPM rotation speed that makes sure your juice has as little foam as possible. It also features an automatic pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing.
- Natural food enzyme retention
- High juice yield with little or no oxidation
- Built-in reverse to prevent clogging on food bits
- 15-year warranty on the motor.
- Build to last
- Fast clean up on any spills.
- The size takes up quite a bit of space on the kitchen counter.
3. Tribest SW-2000-B Slowstar Vertical Slow Cold Press Masticating Juicer
This low-speed juicer and mincer has an efficient 200 Watt motor and 3 stage speed reduction gear. Its low speed 48 RPM motor ensures that you juice without noise, also reducing heat, therefore, preserving the freshness and taste of your fruit.
Of course, the low level of oxidation means you can store your juice for a while longer as compared to fast RPM juicers, typically 24 hours. It also features a double blade auger, meaning you get more juice compared to a single blade. Its stand out feature, however, is the mincing attachment that is super efficient at making nut butter and sauces.
- Minimal oxidation.
- One of the quietest juicers at 48RPM
- It has a fine strainer
- Less jamming because of the 90hp torque
- More preparation time as it is not self-feeding.
- You need to pre-cut most vegetables or it will clog
- Larger juice cup makes it harder to clean up.
4. SKG New Generation Wide Chute Slow Masticating Juicer
The SKG wide chute juicer is a 240W marvel that comes with a sleek design and piano varnish that gives your kitchen a stylish edge and at 23 lbs, it takes its place as one of the sturdiest juicers in the market.
Its stand out feature is the SKG’s 3-inch wide chute feed. It has a 60RPM rotation rate that gives you up to 90% if juice with some fruits. The slow speed retains juice flavor on account of the minimized oxidation. Handling has also been made easier as it packs a sturdy handle.
The SKG comes with a 5-year warranty on all parts and a 10-year warranty on the motor and main body.
- Resistance to clogging
- Less prep time on account of the large chute
- Less clean up time
- Its large size makes it ideal for making family servings once.
- It produces a substantially higher juice yield as compared to other juicers.
- Minimal oxidation
- The overload protection system that shuts off the juicer in the event of motor overheating, unstable power supply, idle run
- The SKG is rather heavy.
- Initial use comes with quite a bit of noise
5. Hurom HU-100 Masticating Juicer
At a glance, the Hurom HU-100 looks like a centrifugal juicer. However, upon closer inspection, it is clear that the mostly plastic 150W silent juicer is a vertical masticating juicer.
The plastic makes it look cheap but make no mistake, the material doesn’t take anything away from its efficiency. The juicing screen and auger are made from Ultem, which is 8 times harder than plastic.
It uses Hurom’s patented SST(slow squeezing technology) that first squeezes ingredients, retaining natural flavor. At 20lbs, the motor of the HU-100 has an RPM of 80. This RPM coupled with the low electricity usage comes in handy in how the HU-100 operates.
On feeding the ingredients, the blunt blade of the auger first squeezes them. Then it keeps squeezing into a thinner channel, giving out a dry pulp and according to the makers, this gives you 35% more juice, thanks to the cold press technology.
- Crack-resistant Ultem juicing screen
- Very quiet
- Silicone wiper blades that minimize clogging
- Minimal frothing and foaming but there is some
- Brushes that help to self-clean
- Retains juice color
- Easy assembly
- If overloaded, it will clog up easily
- No anti-drip technology so things might get a little messy.
- Harder ingredients like peanuts didn’t juice as well
- The price tag could get you better.
- The 1-year warranty on all parts period is too short
6. Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5000 Cold Press Masticating Juice Extractor
The most expensive (and cool sounding) juicer on this list, the GSE-5000 pulls out all the stops to give you a super juicer. At 26lbs, the sleek GSE packs the all-new design Jumbo Gears with three stages, twin gear processing that guarantees you are getting the most out of all your juicing ingredients by crushing, mixing and squeezing your ingredient for a high juice yield.
The GSE-5000 stays true to Green Star’s famous Bio Magnetic technology that optimizes juice quality and stability. This incorporates more minerals into the juice while increasing the bioavailability of nutrients in the juice.
Its 2 conical gears rotate at 110RPM, drastically reducing heat production. Combine this with bio-ceramic technology and you can’t possibly get better quality juice anywhere else.
With Max Gerson’s juicing theory extra minerals are squeezed from the mixed-up pulp and juice when the juice is subjected to a hydraulic press. The GSE-5000 only uses 200W.
If you are committed to juicing and are on the lookout for the best, based on nutrient content and frequency of usage, I highly recommend the GSE-5000. Put side by side with the other 5 juicers, the only downside to it is the price, but with a price tag like that, the benefits make up for that quite well. If I cannot convince you, the most important factors to look out for are :
All of which the GSE-5000 performs exceptionally well.
- Superfast assembly
- It’s also a pasta maker
- Handles both soft and hard produce fairly easy
- Dishwasher safe
- Built for frequent use
- 72-hour juice shelf life
- Nutrient retention
- Safety switch system that prevents use unless all the parts are in place
- Plug compatibility due to its detachable power cord
- Heat resistant parts
- 12-year warranty.
- The GSE-5000 price is on the higher end.
- Narrow feeding chute
- It takes time to juice
- Juice Yield
- Durability and functionality
How to Buy The Best Masticating Celery Juicer
When buying a masticating celery juicer it’s important to look out for a few things. First and for most is the voltage; most should be 110v, then comes the RPMs the faster they go the more waste and foam they tend to generate due to oxidation, how easy they are to clean, how big they are, and of course, how much they cost.
Probably to most important feature of any juicer is how efficient it is at getting the maximum amount of juice possible out of fruit or vegetables. This is especially important when juicing celery, as this is a hard food to juice.
The best way to determine the efficiency of a juicer, before purchasing it, is to read the comments of previous buyers. Look for comments where they mention how dry the celery pulp is that come out of the juicer. The dryer the pulp the more efficient the juicer.
Ease of Cleaning
If you plan on using your juicer on a regular basis it’s important that you purchase one that is easy to clean. Look for a juicer with easy to remove parts, which are preferably dishwasher safe. If you don’t clean the juicer after each use the left over residue will spoil and become sticky.
A masticating juicer was traditionally harder to clean than a conventional centrifugal juicer, but the newest masticating juicer models come with easy to clean, easy to remove parts.
Masticating juicers can range it price from $100 all the way up to $1000, but the majority of modern consumer friendly masticating juicers, like the ones we list in this article, cost somewhere between $100 and $200.
What Is The Best Masticating Juicr for Celery?
In our professional opinion, the Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor, from Aicok, is the best masticating juicer for celery currently on the market.
Reap the benefits of homemade, healthy juices. So say goodbye to store-bought juices and embrace the masticating juicer for a refreshing and nutrient-packed juicing experience! It is your best bet when you’re looking to get the maximum amount of celery juice, carrot juice, etc.. When purchasing a masticating juicer for celery keep in mind the juicing efficiency, ease of cleaning, and price of said juicer. You’ll be able to find a great juicer for under $200.