A countertop microwave, also known as a microwave oven or just microwave, is a must-have appliance in every kitchen. It’s by far the most economical way to heat and cook food or beverages. As it’s such a popular appliance it comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and price ranges. In this article, we focus on the best value for money countertop microwaves.
- The 5 Best Selling Countertop Microwaves Under $200
- The 5 Best Countertop Microwaves Under $200:
- What to look for when buying a countertop microwave
- Where Can You Find Out More About Countertop Microwaves?
- Popular Countertop Microwave Brands
The 5 Best Selling Countertop Microwaves Under $200
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling countertop microwaves available for sale on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and...
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch (w x d x h), large 1.2 cubic feet capacity,...
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
- Large digital display, easy-to-read control panel, glass turntable
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
- Stylish stainless steel finish, compact size: 0.7 cubic-foot capacity, 700 watts and 11 power levels
- Mute function, settings, clock, kitchen timer, child safety lock, easy auto-cook functions: Popcorn,...
- One touch express cooking function with 1-6 minutes and +30 seconds functions, and two defrost...
- Energy saving Eco mode: Minimizing 50% standby power by turning on ECO mode
- Bright digital display, easy-to-read control panel, interior light and 10 inch glass turntable
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200 Watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel...
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of...
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more...
- Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor: Built in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times...
- Keep Warm Feature: This inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until...
- SMALL, COMPACT DESIGN: Kitchen countertop microwave is great for small living spaces such as dorm...
- EASY TO OPERATE: The mechanical dials on this small microwave control 6 cooking power levels and...
- 6 COOKING POWER LEVELS: 6 cooking levels with up to 600 watts of power make this microwave oven...
- UP TO 30 MINUTE TIMER: Easily cook, reheat or defrost to your needs with the simple dial that offers...
- REMOVABLE 9.5" TURNTABLE: The included 9.5" glass turntable holds a variety of microwave-safe...
- 【6 Automatic Preset Menus】 6 Preset menu options for convenient cooking snacks, dinner,...
- 【5 Unique Power Levels】 Customize your cooking power level for more cooking flexibilities, from...
- 【Intuitive Operation】 Including One Touch Start between 1-6 Minutes, Child lock function, ECO...
- 【Sound On/Off Button】 Allows you to mute the beeping sound that rings at the end of cooking.
- 【Easy Defrost】 Choose to defrost your frozen food by weight or by time for more flavorful...
Whether you have a specific microwave product in mind or you are simply browsing to find a suitable fast cooking solution, it is important that you check out what is available and what people have to say about it. By taking the time to read and compare the features and prices with the help of the microwave reviews you will ensure that you got the best convenience that can suit your needs.
The 5 Best Countertop Microwaves Under $200:
To help you narrow down your search, below you can find our 5 top picks of the best countertop microwaves under $200, followed by a buyer’s guide to help you navigate through the most important features and characteristics when on the market for a new appliance.
The Panasonic microwave does possess all the needed qualities and more when it comes to delivering proper functionality. Any microwave can do all the simple work and daily tasks, but the Panasonic Oven NN is one that would take you far and beyond.
A compact design, a fantastic inverter technology makes this a perfect countertop microwave for any apartment or small nook you might want to live in. Smart cooking settings; keep warm feature, all great ways to keep your stay to a perfect 10 wherever you want. With 1.2-cubic-foot capacity and 13.4-inch turntable, this stainless steel microwave will evenly cook and heat up your meals.
There are not many microwave ovens where you can do whatever you want, but the Toshiba EM131A5C-ss sure is one. Capacity is more than enough for this home ready microwave and you would be able to please any crowd with it. The reheating sensor included makes sure anything you want to reheat or have already prepared just to be put in a heater or oven make the best food ever.
The stainless steel turntable makes sure any meal you put in comes out the best way you want it to be.
If you ever felt like nostalgia is your thing look no further. Just like many companies getting into the old vibes Nostalgia has made a fantastic microwave oven which will make all of your morning meals an easy task with it’s easy to use and customizable settings.
A simple turn and push program dial makes it easy to put any program into making as well as an LED dial letting you control every step of the preparation. At the same time, this microwave is more compact than most and will feel like a perfect fit anywhere you might want to make the place feel classy and old school.
The GE Profile microwave is a fantastic tool for anyone looking to complete their home and kitchen with a microwave oven. Perfectly fits inside any nook or cranny you might have in your kitchen, fantastic dimensions and feature, this is by far one of the best appliances you can invest in when renovating or investing in a brand new kitchen.
Separate settings for popcorn, potatoes, vegetables, and even beverages make this a worthy companion for your daily activities around the house. Reheating is a must for microwave and this one has it in bunches with multiple settings as well as a defrost option which can be adjusted accordingly to the weight of the product needed.
The GE Profile is one unit you will hardly notice in your kitchen passing by, as it blends perfectly with its sleek design, but will never go unnoticed when put to the test.
Rarely do you stumble upon 1000 watts of cooking power in such a compact and affordable countertop microwave? With this FaberWare microwave, you will be able to cook anything you wish through 10 levels of power and at the same time be able to adjust the express cooking levels from 1 to 6 minutes in 30-second intervals.
Not only you will be able to defrost by time, but you would also be able to defrost your meal by weight and the digital display will help you pick the perfect timing for it. Set the microwave on your kitchen counter or fit it in your kitchen cabinets, but you can rest assured it is childproof and also prevents unsupervised use beyond a certain capacity.
So no extraordinary “accidents” could happen. This FaberWare microwave is the perfect choice when you are looking for multiple functionalities, settings, and uses of a single appliance. Whether it is cooking, heating up or defrosting, this microwave has it covered.
What to look for when buying a countertop microwave
The following paragraphs will cover some of the major factors to consider when looking for a new microwave oven. Make sure to check these and pick the best unit to fit your needs.
Size and capacity
Size is always important when replacing an old appliance, especially when you have to fit it in a specific place. Microwaves come at different sizes, varying from bigger ones to more compact models.
Make sure to consider the place you will put the unit on and get the measurements right to avoid issues. Furthermore, size often correlates to capacity, so if you are using the microwave often and plan to not only heat up meals but also do some cooking, you should opt-out for a larger appliance with bigger capacity.
Functions, Programs, and Settings
Modern microwaves have all the bells and whistles one can imagine. You can get a basic model with s few heating levels and one or two defrosting ones or you can invest in units with special programs for different types of meals, defrosting based on the type and weight of the product, popcorn, and pizza programs or beverage reheat ones.
Some models even offer multi-stage cooking where the power level can be adjusted during cooking to ensure the best results. Furthermore, there are various suggested temperature settings for products and meals. In addition, LED displays to count down the cooking time and can be used as kitchen clocks when the appliance is not utilized.
Whatever you want to choose, make sure you will use it to its full potential. You do not want to spend an extra dollar when you will not use half of the special features.
Nowadays, defrosting capabilities in a microwave is key considering how busy people are – meal prepping and freezing some of the food for later in the week. Thus, quick and even defrosting is an important characteristic to check out when buying a unit. It is worth investing in a microwave that offers different types and levels of defrosting in addition to special programs and consideration of product type and weight in the process.
Last but not least, the microwave should fit into the overall design of the kitchen. Most models come with a stainless steel version, but if you are looking for nice and bright colors, there are plenty of such options on the market.
Where Can You Find Out More About Countertop Microwaves?
It is a well-known fact that, in order to be sure that you are going to make the best choice regarding a microwave purchase, you will need to take the time and read a few microwave reviews first. The customer microwave oven reviews will help you get a first impression of what to expect from a microwave.
If you want to check out some reviews about a certain product that you saw at the local hardware shop, then you should know that the best reviews come from actual customers. One way you can check out if it is worth the money, is to ask your friends or relatives if they have a similar one. This way you can be absolutely sure that you are getting a real customer microwave review.
However, if none of them is using the specific microwave you are interested in, then your best bet is to search for those reviews online. You can find numerous reviews on all sorts of shopping websites and microwaves provider portals. If you want to search for a microwave with certain features, then the online portals will help you sort the microwave reviews and offers on a certain criterion.
Popular Countertop Microwave Brands
Panasonic Microwave Ovens
If you are interested in purchasing a Panasonic microwave oven, then you should start by looking for Panasonic reviews on shopping sites as well as article directories sites. In case you are not satisfied with the offers you see for this brand, then you can take a look at the other convection microwave reviews and available offers.
The main advantage of the websites that provide convection reviews is that they allow you to take your time and compare the features of each and every oven they have. This way you can be sure that you will purchase a microwave oven that matches your cooking needs.
Sharp Microwave Ovens
In case you are looking for an oven that can help you cook dinner as fast as possible, then you should take a look at the Sharp. These microwave ovens provide a fast solution to cooking healthier meals as they only include useful features.
Moreover, you can simply program them to cook and keep your food warm while you are taking a shower. Overall, they are of real help to people that want fast cooking with all conveniences.
This article was last updated on January 4, 2022 .