If you own a home then you’ll need a vacuum cleaner. One of the most favorite types of vacuum cleaner is an upright vacuum, which is affordable, easy to use and easy to store.
If you are in a hurry our top pick is the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum and the simple reason for this is because you get a lot of features, it is well priced and you will be able to clean pretty much anywhere with this awesome vacuum.
The 5 Best Selling Upright Vacuums:
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum with powerful suction and innovative brush design that cleans more .
- Innovative brush design rotates down into carpet to clean more on the initial pass.
- Cyclonic System for long-lasting, powerful suction.
- Powerful, lightweight vacuum in a compact size for more convenient storage.
- Up to 7 Feet of Above-The-Floor Cleaning Reach - removable handle connects to the stretch hose and the 2-in-1 tool to give maximum stretch cleaning of stairs, window sills, curtains, ceiling fans, and...
- 3 Position Height Adjustment - adjust as needed to clean all flooring types efficiently.
- OnePass Technology provides powerful, nonstop suction with an innovative brush design to clean on the initial pass*
- Includes TurboBrush Tool, Bottom Easy Empty Dirt Tank, Washable Foam Tank Filter, a 2-year limited warranty, and crevice tool (located inside the extension wand)
- Multi-level filtration helps to reduce household allergens
- Lift-Away. Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- 2-in-1 Vacuum: Upright and Lift-Away for portable cleaning.
- Dust-Away hard floor attachment + 2 washable microfiber pads. Picks up large debris and fine dust from bare floors.
- Stainless steel tank
- Tank dolly with easy roll casters
- 6 foot power cord
The 5 Best Upright Vacuums:
To help you save time we’ve listed and reviewed five of the best upright vacuums, currently available for sale online, below.
- Lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with WindTunnel Technology for consistent suction
- Five position height adjustment; 13-1/2-inch-wide nozzle; no-scuff bumper
27-foot retractable power cord; rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter
Includes extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool
- Measures approximately 12 by 16 by 44 inches; 2-year limited warranty
There are 5 reasons that this vacuum is our top pick and the first is the suction! You have two technologies at work that will life the dirt and the first is the multi-cyclonic cleaning core that will never lose suction and the second is the cleaning head of the vacuum.
The second reason is the price. When you compare the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum to a Dyson Hoover there is a huge difference in the price.
This vacuum gives you an awesome way to wrap the cord using a pedal at the bottom of the hoover so you don’t have to break your back winding the cord up manually.
You also get reach and turbo tools with an 8” stretch hose and the WindTunnel Rewind Plus you will be sure to get anywhere with this hoover.
The Hoover also has a two year warranty as well.
The filter of this hoover is also very good as you will get a high quality HEPA filter and the hose is super easy to extend when you cleaning the stairs as well.
If you need to adjust for the carpet size you can clean laminate floors to very thick rugs with the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum. You also have upholstery and dusting brush that will help you get the furniture really clean.
This is our top pick and you can pick up the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum with 24% off!
By Charlotte Mom:
I previously had a Hoover Windtunnel, it lasted two houses and over 9 years and it finally had enough of keeping up with our two children and 4 pets. So I went out to every website I could find with reviews on vacuum cleaners, including Amazon, and looked at everything from the Dyson, Kenmore, Dirt Devil, Hoover, and so many more. I promised myself that after I used my vacuum cleaner for 3 months I would help all those out there like me looking for a good review and let them know about my experience because the reviews were so helpful to me.
So after reading a bunch of reviews I was leaning towards a Dyson or a Kenmore Progressive. Well my friend had a Dirt Devil M140005 Vision Cyclonic 12 Amp Upright Vacuum Cleaner, a Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum, and a canister vacuum cleaner (forgot the brand) that she let me test out. Let’s just say I hated all three, the Dirt Devil was a joke, the Kenmore was so heavy and a pain to use, the canister was a pain to use and none of them worked well with pet hair.
By Mr Rohwer:
I love this vacuum! It is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.
* Picks up so much hidden dirt in our thick carpet, it scared us the first time we looked in the canister!
* For how much power it has, it is actually very quiet – quieter than our old 10 amp vacuum.
* Turns on a dime and gets into nooks and crannies really well – we don’t have to use the hand tools on every single wall edge.
* The attachment with moving brushes cleans stares amazingly well.
* No filters or bags to buy – this is a huge plus as we could never find a replacement filter for our old vacuum.
* The cord is very long and it retracts into the vacuum. Wow. I find wrapping up long cords so annoying. Having this cord self retract is actually kind of fun (ok, so I’m easily amused!)
* The color is trendy.
* It is fairly lightweight.
* I like that you can adjust the height for different carpet lengths. I know that this isn’t a groundbreaking feature, but not all vacuums have it and it makes a big difference.
* While it is comparatively lightweight, people that have a hard time lifting may find it a little heavy.
* Other reviews complain that pet hair can get stuck in the canister, and that at times you may have to reach in slightly with two fingers to pull the hairs out. To me, this is only a minor annoyance. With any bagless vacuum, there will usually be some occasional contact with the materials that you you are cleaning off of your carpets.
This is our second choice of top vacuum cleaner and this is for people that want a decent cleaner that is more light weight.
The Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless cleaner’s best perk is that it is super light, cost effective and if you are not looking for a heavy duty cleaning solution this could be for you.
Let us have a look at the features:
- Dynapower – 26.0 Cleaning Effectiveness
- Lightweight – weighs less than 8 lbs.
- Cleans carpets and bare floors
- Easy to empty dirt container
- HEPA filtration
As mentioned above it is very lightweight and weighs less than 9lbs and is small as well. You can pick it up and take it anywhere with ease and due to the size it is super easy to store anywhere.
That said, the Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner gives you quite a lot of power for such a small vacuum cleaner. It gives you a revolving brush for the carpets and a Scatter Guard Nozzle that will trap debris and automatic height adjustment is perfect for any carpet or hard floor.
As well as that it is packed with plenty of on-board tools and comes with a stretch hose as well. The accessories you get include an extension ward and dusting brush as well as a Crevice tool.
This is not the best vacuum cleaner out there in terms of power but if you are looking for a lightweight cleaning solution that is super east to operate and has decent power then this is the one for you.
You can easily use the Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner for cleaning the house and it will take you half the time of a larger vacuum. If you just have a small room that needs cleaning from time to time and you want to a small, compact vacuum that really does a good job then you need to check out the Dirt Devil Dynamite Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
I got this vacuum for thirty bucks so keep that in mind. There are units out there that cost ten times that. So how does the Dynamite Plus stack up? It sucks! Very, very well. I don’t think I have ever used a vaccum that had such powerful suction. I bought a Dirt Devil cordless unit (the one that no one seems to like) about a year ago and it was garbage. I wondered if anyone really needed cordless while in the confines of their own home. Most likely not. Why not trade the dubious benefits of cordless for maximum sucking power? For the price there is proably no vacuum made that is more powerful. So why only 4 stars? Despite a vacuum that seems well built, convenient, light, bagless, portable, etc., there is one thing that is insanely ridiculous about the Dynamite Plus’ design. All of that powerful suckiing power shoots right out a front grill of the vacuum. Like a tornado!!!! The first time I used it was in the kitchen it it literally blew all of the photos and notes off my refrigerator. The next time bordered on slapstick comedy if I could have considered it funny. I was vacuuming the hearth of my fireplace and the tornado-like exhaust fan blew ashes from the fireplace all over my living room!!! Who in their right mind would design a vacuum with a jet engine strong exhaust fan right in front pointing at the very dust and dirt you are going to vacuum?
Haven’t had the unit long enough to be very critical.
The unit is only 7 amps but seems to pick up dirt like a 10 amp, lots of power to work the brush’s and suck up the dirt. So far it seems to be a good value for the money.
Recommended purchasing replacement:
belt and filter with the Dynamite vaccum except that they recommended the WRONG belt and filter. Having not purchased the Dynamite before I went with what Amazon recommended which turned out to be the F-12 belt and F-1 Hepa Filter which are incorrect. The Dynamite vaccum uses a F-15 belt and a F-2 Hepa Filter so be very careful to order the correct belt and filter if you decide to order this vaccum…do not rely on Amazon’s recommendations or their customer service.
Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Wet/Dry VacuumIn our 3rd review we are taking a look at the Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Wet/Dry Vacuum and this vacuum is really good if you want to go a step further and be able to shampoo your carpets with a wet clean as well as vacuum them.
Obviously if you are looking for the best vacuum overall we would say stick with the Hoover Windtunnel as it will give you the best suction.
However if you are looking for a more versatile vaccum this one is well worth looking at.
Let us take a quick look at the features:
- 3-in-1 bagless cleaner vacuums, washes, and dries hard floors
- Patented counter-rotating SpinScrub brushes gently wash and scrub from all angles
- Long quick-release power cord lets you clean large rooms without unplugging
- Includes 30 hard-surface wipes and detergent
- Measures 15.2? x 12.2? x 31?, weighs 16 pounds and is backed by a 1-year limited warranty
- The main pros of this vacuum are that it will wash, scrub, buff and rinse as well as dry your floors. All you need to do is turn the dial and select between Dry, Wash or vacuum and it makes for an excellent 3 in 1 cleaner.
Another interesting thing about the Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Wet/Dry Vacuum is that it incorporates dual tank technology that makes sure the water that is dirty stays separate so your floors are never cleaned with dirty water.
It also has multi-purpose spin scrub technology and that will give you rotating brushes that will wash and scrub the floors.
Despite it being a 3 in 1 vacuum it is super easy to store and the handle will fold up to save room. The brushes are super easy to clean and you can remove them, wash them and they dry very quickly.
Although it is not as good as our top pick in terms of cleaning power if you are looking for a more versatile vacuum then you need to check this out as it will give you an awesome 3 in 1 vacuum!
Well worth a look:
So I bought this product today (from Target) and I want to begin by saying, indisputably, outstanding.
I was hesitant to purchase this product because last year I made a huge mistake by buying Bissell’s Flip It (electronic broom vacuum and mop).
Before I begin my review of this product, let me begin with the Bissell equivalent. I bought the product because I’m 26 years old and was living in New Orleans in the French Quarter. I would have friends over all the time, and they’d track in the quarter filth all over the hardwood. I bought the Bissel because it seemed to make sense. It’s an electronic broom vacuum on one side, then you flip the handle over to the other side and it becomes a wet map. It came with two attachable mop features, a non-moving brush and a small microfiber pad.
The Bissel product was awful. It weighed about 20 pounds (much heavier than this product) and the vacuum wouldn’t pick up anything, not the smallest dust or debris. It would blow dust away before the unit could get to it. When you flipped it over, the electronic mop side did what it was advertised to do. The only problem was the squeegy would push water around. The unit had to build a suction to pick up water. It wouldn’t build a suction unless you lifted up lightly on the unit while pulling it back. Then it picked up water fine, though, again, the unit weighed about 20 pounds.
Although I had a bit of trouble getting this machine as the first one sent was defective, the replacement arrived quickly. I have travertine tile (very textured) floors throughout my kitchen and family room and NOTHING has ever gotten them clean of the Georgia red clay where I live! I have tried everything from a steam-mop machine to hands-and-knees scrubbing. This machine WORKS! The only other time I’ve seen them this clean was after paying for commercial cleaning which was quite expensive.
By Ian Wallace:
We have all hard floors in our house. Pushing a “Swifter” around just didn’t seem to get the floors clean. The floor mate works pretty much as advertised. It takes some practice and an occasional wiping up excess water with a rag. The vacuum “alone” function doesn’t work so great. For example dog hair mostly doesn’t make it up to the canister. It picks up everything when it’s in the washing mode, though. If it worked well as a floor vacuum, I would give it 5 stars.
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright VacuumIn this review we are looking at the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum and this is a vacuum you will want to have a closer look at if you have pets. It gives you some extra tools that are excellent for cleaning up pet hair and getting your furniture clean when other vacuum cannot.
Let us take a look at the features of the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum:
- Fold down handle makes storage a snap and ideal for small storage spaces
- Automatic rewind cord neatly winds the 27-feet cord back inside the unit for easy storage
- Brush roll shut off pedal makes it easy to go from carpet to hard floors
- System check indicator alerts the user when the rinsable filter, HEPA and Carbon filters need to be cleaned or checked
- On-board tools include pet hair turbo brush 12-inch extension wand, crevice tool and easy to clean pet furniture nozzle with rubber blades
This vacuum is actually similar to our #1 pick except the difference here is that it is made specifically for pets.
You get pet hair removal tools and it has a special rubber material that is designed specifically to remove pet hairs that otherwise are very difficult to remove.
You get a lot of the controls at your fingertips and you will get 27 feet of power cord that will save the need to keep on plugging the vacuum in. You have an easy belt change system and bushroll that allows for simple maintenance of this light vacuum cleaner.
The handle will fold which means it is super easy to store away and you will be able to move this vacuum anywhere as it is very light.
The main features of the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum is that you will get a cord rewind system which is really handy as the cord is quite long at 27 ft but the rewind system ensures it is super easy to get the cord back with ease.
You also get a 5 position adjustment so you can use the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum on really thick pile carpets and all the way down to wooden floors.
There is an Air powered pet hand tool that is excellent for pet beds and you will not need to clean the blades that often.
If you are looking for an awesome vacuum which will make cleaning up after pets a breeze you need to check out the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum:
We purchased this vacuum about 8 months ago. I waited to write my review to give it enough time to break in and turn crappy. To my surprise it’s still such an amazing vacuum! We cost compared, quality compare and feature compared when we were shopping for vacuums. We knew we needed something that would do well for long cat hair and long dog hair, but would also be good for keeping allergies at bay. We compared the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser, Bissell Healthy Home, Dyson Animal, and this Hoover Pet Rewind. My hubby and I were so unimpressed with the Bissell’s cause they were dang heavy! I know when we go to buy a house I certainly would not want to lug those Bissell’s all over creation. They also didn’t have nearly the features the hoover did.
The Dyson animal was out because how can something that’s made out of the same plastics as the hoover and the Bissell cost nearly $500 unless it’s going to vacuum for me, I don’t need it. We were skeptical to purchase the Hoover cause I don’t know anybody that owns one. I loved the features of it though, the cord retractor is my absolute favorite! Works every time never gotten stuck and it’s fast! I also love the enormous amount of suction on this vacuum I dump out so much nasty hair and dirt every single time I vacuum it’s awesome to see it do it’s job. It’s got a bazillion features that are awesome, all the attachments for getting pet hair off furniture are great, the hose is good length and the handle folds down for easy storage.
Like most “dudes”, vacuuming is way low on stuff I like to do but wallowing in my own entropic filth is even lower on the list so this puppy seems to fit the bill quite well.
1. Good suction power. Some stuff like threads that tend to get entangled in the rug fibers don’t get sucked in by the brush (which is not surprising) but easy enough to pick up with the hose attachment.
2. Automatic cord rewinder. Seriously – all vacuums should have this – totally wicked awesome.
3. No bags. Frankly it’s much easier and less messier than the bags used in my old vacuum.
4. Filters can be easily accessed and rinsed out – nice.
5. Easy to clean other parts. After all the years of vacuuming, my old one was nasty. You had to play Joey Mechanic and unscrew stuff – big PITA especially since it’s not something you can drive on the road.
6. Pretty light. Had a 6+ year old Hoover that was a beast since it had power assist – which broke – and became like pushing a rock all over the place – not fun. Most people probably should have no problem with the weight.
Shark Navigator Lift Away Vacuum CleanerOn to our 5th review and this is quite a special one. We are moving on to the Shark Navigator Lift Away Vacuum Cleaner and the first thing to tell you is that this is a decent vacuum cleaner. Don’t be fooled by thinking it is not very good because it is so far down on our list. Obviously we stick by our top pick but if you are looking for something a bit different but also that makes a great vacuum cleaner this will be the one for you.
Let us take a look at the features of the Shark Navigator Lift Away Vacuum Cleaner:
- Never loses suction Technology for consistent suction power
- Professional dust-away bare floor tool, with washable, microfiber pads
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology(tm) traps 99.99% of dust inside the vacuum not back into the air you breathe
- Swivel steering and smooth-gliding wheels promises easy manoeuvring around furniture
- Includes: Professional dust-away bare floor tool washable, microfiber pads, Super-stretch hose, crevice tool, pet hair power brush
- This vacuum gives you excellent suction!
You get a special technology that allows this vacuum cleaner to keep up the same level of suction for the entire time you are using it. Which means once you start cleaning you don’t have to worry about it getting clogged or the filter breaking.
One of the reasons that you will want to give the Shark Navigator Lift Away Vacuum Cleaner a close look is the tools you get with it!
You get professional dust-away bare floor tools and you also get washable, microfiber pads as well.
There is something called the Anti-allergen seal technology with this vacuum that claims to trap 99% of the dust inside the vacuum and that means it does not go back into the air you breathe.
The Shark Navigator Lift Away Vacuum Cleaner is an outstanding vacuum cleaner that is perfect if you need a light weight vacuum with a lot of tools that will allow you to clean pretty much anywhere. We recommend using this on hard floors but you can also use on carpets as well.
For the price and the suction power of this vacuum you cannot really go wrong!
I am not one to leave reviews, i normally just read what others say. But right now my friends and neighbors look at me funny when I start talking about my new vacuum because I can’t stop with the accolades. I did read reviews on this vacuum, but they do not do it justice, this is a bada$$ piece of machinery. I have medium pyle carpet, and I can turn the brush off and it still pulls at the carpet! When you turn the brush on, it almost feels self propelled as the brush pulls it forward. I caught the end of a scarf(by mistake) and it sucked the entire thing into the hose before the brush shut off- looked like a cartoon it was so fast! with the canister 3/4 full, it still picked up loose cat litter and pet food. My carpet did not look dirty, but the first 5 feet I went back & forth I went over twice filled the canister a quarter of the way.
I love this. I am expecting my first baby and have become insane about cleaning. I wanted a new vacuum because the pet hair mine seamed to be leaving on the carpet. I looked at reviews all over. I debated between this and dyson. This was way more affordable so I decided to give it a shot.
I put this together in a flash(pregnant)It seamed a little “cheep” So I was kinda worried about the parts being flimsy. So far they are not, its just very light weight.
I wanted to do a test and see how good it was.(crazy prego mind I vacuumed part of my carpet with my old vacuum. I emptied the content of the old on a paper. Then I vacuumed the same swatch of Capet with my new shark. First thing I noticed was how easy it was for me to maneuver at 38weeks pregnant. Then I dumped the content of this vacuum on the paper to compare what had been lifted. I was amazed.
First the pile of dirt was about 4-5times larger than the pile from my old vacuum.
Second the dirt was different. My old vac pulled up pet hair and dust bunnies. The new vac had pulled up more pet hair, dust bunnies and also dirt! A lot of DIRT. I was amazed! Still am a few weeks later.