Another very popular home coffee machine is the Techni Vorm Mocca Master CD: Despite it’s rather strange look it is able to perform many things not alot home coffee makers can do – such as release water at the proper (200F) temperatures to the bed of ground coffee or fully saturate and extract from the bed of ground coffee. They are also the only consumer machine to pass the SCAA’s certification program for home brewers. It retails for around $200 but is rather hard to get in the US or Canada.
The Five Best Selling Affordable Coffee Machines:
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill-no more overflows
- State-Of-The-Art technology to ensure hotter coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Two ways to brew your coffee, single serve or full pot.
- 12 cup glass carafe included or brew into a travel or regular sized mug using single serve function.
- Single serve side works only with loose ground coffee or disk-shaped soft pods (not compatible with K-CUP packs*, capsules or other single-serve packs). *K-CUP is a registered trademark of Keurig...
- Programmable timer allows you to set brew time up to 24 hours in Advance
- 2-Hour shut off automatically powers Coffee maker down so you don't have to
- Water window on reservoir for accurate filling. 900 watts programmable Coffee maker
- Removable water reservoir for easy filling
- Just-Brewed thermal carafe holds temperature and fresh flavor
- Brews up to 20% faster (than competitive units tested) at a hotter temperature of up to 205° for richer taste
Single Cup Coffee Machines: If you are looking for a single cup machine you might want to try the Bunn MCP. If you don’t have lots of space and you are a single or 2-person household this might be the coffee machine of your choice. The reheating water tank is large and it heats up really fast.
Coffee Machines For Travel Mugs: For Travel Mugs there are other choices. One of the best according to customer reviews is the Hamilton Beach Brew Station 47665 2-Cup Machine. The travel mugs can be filledd easily and the coffee stays hot for more than 2 hours. Also it is very easy to clean and is ideal for single hand use.
Popular Coffee Machine Brands
Gaggia Coffee Machines
Gaggia Coffee Machines are clearly the high-end of coffee machines. If you buy a Gaggia you can expect to pay top-dollar but receive cutting edge coffee-making technology in return.
The Gaggia Classic is probabaly one of the oldest – if not the oldest – continually available coffee and espresso machines for consumers today. It is a solid performer that can deliver great coffee and espresso at a reasonable price.
A rather new model is the Gaggia Compact Digital – the digital version of the popular Gaggia Compact super automatic. It offers increased control over brewing temperatures and volumes.
An rather compact all-arounder is the Gaggia 16100 Evolution Home Espresso Cappuccino Machine. It is a machine with commercial-style brew group and sleek thermo-set plastic housing. It has 2 stainless-steel filter baskets, coffee tamper, and measuring scoop included. It reminds the user of commecrcial style coffee makers – while still having a stylish appearance that fits into a modern kitchen. This combination makes it rather popular among young coffee lovers.
According to recent comsumer reviews you get ‘authentic Italian espresso at an affordable price’. The price is still in the range of around $200. Compared with the Carezza model it has a larger drip tray and a cup warmer. The instrauction manual includes a CD-ROM which contains helpful little movies and narrations and alot of really useful advanced tips on how to get the most out of this coffee machine. Cleaning the machine is very easy – it can be done in under a minute as all the parts are easily accessible.
If space is an issue try out the Gaggia 12300 Baby Class Manual Espresso Machine. It measures only 10-2/5 by 9-3/5. It accommodates ESE coffee pods, can make 2 cups at a time, and has a built-to-last three-way solenoid valve.
Here are some more Gaggia models:
– Gaggia 8002 MDF Electric Burr Grinder
– Gaggia MDF Coffee Grinder
– Gaggia Titanium Espresso Machine
– Gaggia Baby Espresso Machine
– Gaggia Achille 11400 Espresso Machine
– Gaggia Platinum Vogue 90800
– Gaggia Synchrony 90101
Delonghi Coffee Machines
Delonghi Coffee Machines are among the best known coffee machines that exist.
Let’s have a look at the DeLonghi DCF212T Drip Coffee Maker with Convenient Front Access. It is a very handy on-the-counter coffee machine. The DCF212T is a 12 cup drip coffee machine with 24-hour programmable timer. What is convenient about this model is that you don’t need to access it from above. You can quickly and easily fill the water and the coffee in only by having access from the front. A special ‘aroma button’ activates a brewing process that enhances the flavor and aroma of the coffee. One trick the machines uses to enhance the flavor of the coffee is to release water into the filter in 30-second intervals. This will make sure that the best flavor is extracted from the coffee.
Another very popular machine is the DC312T 14-Cup Drip Coffeemaker. Like the other model it features a 2-hour auto shut-off and a programmable timer. Setting the timer allows for waking up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee or for having coffee ready to serve after dessert without having to get up from the table half way through dinner. It also has a glass carafe; pause-and-serve function and a non-stick warming plate. It brews up to 14 cups. a special setting that dribbles the water more slowly, steeping the grounds. The special setting that will dribble water very slowly, steeping the grounds is probably responsible for the unique flavor. If you want a robust and non-bitter flavor this model might be worth a try.
If you want a real espresso machine, but neither want to spend a small fortune or have a machine that will take half of your kitchen you might want to try the DeLonghi BCO120T Combination. It has a 4-cup espresso carafe, adjustable brew strength and you can brew coffee and espresso simultaneously! You can also make cappuccino, latte or hot chocolate with it. The swivel ‘Jet Frother’ mixes steam, air and milk, thereby producing a rich, creamy froth for great cappuccinos.
If you just want espresso then have a look at the DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Maker. It has received great customer reviews. It comes with 2 thermostats for separately controlling water and steam pressure. It only takes a minute to heat up – which will satify even those who don’t like to wait for their espresso.
Here are some Delanghi mode models:
Drip Coffee Makers:
– DeLonghi DC514T
– DeLonghi DC50B 4-Cup Coffee Maker
– DeLonghi DCM485 10-Cup Coffee Maker
– DeLonghi Caffe Elite DC76T 12-Cup Coffee Maker
– DeLonghi Esclusivo ESAM3300 Espresso Machine & Coffee Maker
– DeLonghi Caffe Nabucco BCO70 Espresso Machine Coffee Maker
– DeLonghi Espresso and Drip Coffee IFD Espresso Machine
– DeLonghi BCO264B Espresso Machine & Coffee Maker
Krups Coffee Machines
Krups Coffee Machines are a classic among the coffee makers. There are classic coffee makers available from Krups as well as full-featured espresso machines.
One of the top models clearly is the Krups XP9000 Super-Automatic Espresso Machine and Coffee Center. To make your perfect cappuccino you do not nee to move you cup and you don’t need a separate milk container. It automatically grinds, tamps, brews and disposes of the spent grounds. The water is instantaneously warmed to the optimal temperature of 198 degrees! You can use whole beans or ground coffee with it. You can story different profiles (such as one for each family member) and the settings for them. It is ass close as you can get to a commercial coffee maker used in restaurants. It is hard to find a coffee machine that is easier to use.
If you need a smaller alternative consider the Krups Allegro Espresso Makers (FND111). It has a very space saving design and a removable drip tray for easy clean up.
If you prefer a classic drip coffee machine try the Krups KT4065 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker. It is made of brushed stainless steel, designed by Swedish designer Bjorn Dahlstrom. The machine brews that perfect cup of coffee and looks great on your countertop. It features a uniquely angled upward-facing control panel, the LCD has a high-contrast black-on-white display.
If you want to dip into the world of espresso but still would like the confort of owning a ‘simple’ coffee machine consider one of the ‘dual’ models Krups offers. Basically these are classic drip coffee machines and espresso machines in one. A good and very popular example is the Krups 985-42 Il Caffe Duomo Coffee and Espresso Machine. It brews 8 cups of regular coffee and 4 cups of espresso. Note that the water chamber of the coffee maker is separate from the espresso boiler. There is a ‘coffee’ and an ‘espresso’ button. So it truly is two machines in one.
One machine that draws everyone’s attention is the Krups YY1283FD Espresso Machine – mostly because of it’s look resembling the appearance of a dog. If you were ever to let your kids choose a coffee machine it will very likely be the YY1283FD.
More Krups models:
Classic Coffee Machines:
– Krups KP1010 2-Cup Coffee Maker
– Krups KM7000 10-Cup Coffee Maker
– Krups FME4 12-Cup Coffee Maker
– Krups F 324-42 Duothek Therm Steel 16-Cup Coffee Maker
– Krups KM7000 10-Cup Coffee Maker
– Krups XP 1500 Espresso Machine Coffee Maker
– Krups XP 7225 Espresso Machine