With so many types of heaters available in the market, many people get exhausted and confused while choosing the best heating system that suits their personal expectations. However many people use old complicated systems leading to high costs and unsafe heating.
The 5 Best Selling Propane Space Heaters:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling propane space heaters on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- 4, 000, 9, 000, or 18, 000 BTU per hour
- Heats up to 450 sq. ft.
- Hi-Med-Low heat settings
- Portable heat
- Efficient radiant heating
- 1 year warranty
- Indoor-safe portable propane heater for rooms up to 95 square feet. THIS UNIT IS NOT INTENDED FOR GOLF CART USE OR FOR MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
- Continuous odor-free, 45-degree heating angle. Maximum Elevation (Ft) 7000 Feet. Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS)
- Simple on/off buttons; uses 1-pound disposable propane cylinder (not included). Run time at minimum btu and maximum btu is 5.6 hours. Do not operate heater in any moving vehicle. This...
- 75,000 - 200,000 BTU per hour made for use with propane gas
- Heats up to 5,000 sq. Ft. And operates up to 29 hours on a 100 lb. Propane tank
- Standing pilot for increased safety.Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU):2.16
The “space heating” technique is a popular heating technology used where one wants to heat only a small area, usually work or office environment. In certain situations, it can be much more efficient and cost-effective when compared to central heating.
The 5 Best Propane Space Heaters:
Below we have listed the 5 best propane space heaters currently available for sale online. This list will be reviewed and updated regularly
Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy Specs
|Heat output||9 000 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||100|
|Dimension||10.9 x 10.9 x 10.9 “|
|Safety auto shut off||Yes|
Now, this quaint little heater can be your best friend. It’s light, and portable, and can be placed almost anywhere. Indeed, while it covers just 95 square feet, it’s great for small spaces and areas, and can help you keep warm and cozy on those cold winter nights.
The heat it gives off is odor-free and it directs it at a 45-degree angle. Also, it’s quite easy and simple to use, with none of those needless annoying bells and whistles. Not only that, but it has two safety features, both for low oxygen levels and for accidental tip-over points.
Dyna-Glo TT15CDGP Liquid Propane Space Heater Specs
|Heat output||15 000 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||700|
|Dimension||18.2 x 15.6 x 13 “|
|Safety auto shut off||No|
Now Dyna Glo is a heater that, while small and portable, has a lot of power, is more focused on safety and durability. First, it has a steel heat reflector. This means that every ounce of heat it radiates is amplified and enhanced, making every penny you spend on both fuel and the heater itself really worth it.
Furthermore, it has a nice rust-proof chrome emitter guard, meaning that is will definitely last you for a long time. Not only that, but it has a sensor that essentially cuts off the gas flow if the flame has been extinguished, making it a very useful safety feature.
Mr. Heater MHVFB20LPT Propane Space Heater Specs
|Heat output||20 000 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||500|
|Dimension||23.8 x 11.2 x 27 “|
|Safety auto shut off||Yes|
This lovely little heater covers an area of around 500 square feet. It’s perfect to put in the corner of your study or small workshop. It also has a humble 20000 BTU heat output, but there is no need for anything more when you’re searching for space-friendly, compact heaters.
Next, it has a blue flame burner, so it gives off a nice and even convection heat. Not only that, but it also has a very good safety feature, namely, it has an automatic low oxygen shutoff system. So, if it starts eating up all the air in a sealed room, it will stop working and may save you from a grisly fate.
Mr. Heater Compact Radiant Propane Space Heater Specs
|SQ/f heat up||700|
|Dimension||33 x 22 x 14 “|
|Safety auto shut off||N/A|
Now, this little compact heater sits lovely on the far end of your desk. Not only does it look nice, but it’s also quite efficient. While not packing a lot of power, its main feature is its small and compact size. It directs heat in a narrow-angle, but it’s not intended for big spaces.
Indeed, it’s perfect for fishing shacks and ice shanties, and any and all small spaces. Furthermore, it has an auto shut-off mechanism when tipped over, so you won’t need to worry at all about that. Finally, it just looks nice, like a lamp that brings you warmth.
ProCom ML100HBAHR Propane Space Heater Specs
|Heat output||10 000 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||300|
|Dimension||19 x 14 x 6 “|
|Safety auto shut off||Yes|
The ProCom is a lovely little heater that gives off around 10000 BTUs of heat. It’s quite easy to use and has the CSA approval standard, so you know you’re dealing with a good heater. Now, it doesn’t really give off as much heat as other heaters do, but that’s not the point.
It’s supposed to be used in small areas to keep you warm and cozy. Furthermore, a nice addition is that its cabinet is actually cool to the touch, no matter how hot the heater actually gets. Also, it has a diamond mesh grill already set up and installed, so you won’t need to deal with that when you get this product.
Propane Space Heaters Buying Guide
Types of Venting
Vented or Ventless – while setting up a heating system, basic factors like venting should be considered. In both scenarios “vented and vent-less” heating has its own pros’ and cons’. Most permanent wall propane heaters have vents, allowing the burned unwanted material waste out of the house through disposal pipes.
Ventless (or vent-free) heaters are portable making them convenient for working outdoors where there is enough air to mitigate any and all toxic emissions. While using vent-less heaters indoors, it always recommended installing a ventilation window or air holes.
Otherwise, carbon-monoxide may build up. Too much carbon monoxide can cause fatigue and finally result even in death, due to insufficient supply of oxygen in the body.
When picking a propane space heater for your home, you have to evaluate precisely what task you require it to do. You have to first figure out exactly what your needs and options are, and then make your choice.
You can get a heater that is portable, that you can move from one room to the next. And if that’s not something you need, you can get a propane space heater that will be mounted in a specific location warming an entire house rather quickly. There are many various types of heaters to select, so you need to figure out what you truly need.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Propane Space Heaters
- Compared to most heating solutions, propane heaters don’t operate with the aid of electric power. This makes them efficient, and especially handy during a blackout. They are also useful in places where there is no electricity in general.
- They are also ideal while using in the field because of their portability. Regardless of the fact that it’s a bit cold outside, you can have an incredible night on your porch or deck with a propane radiator warming you.
- A new space heater does not need to be costly; there are heaps of cheap warmers accessible. Even if you buy an expensive one, the fuel and operating costs are very cheap. Propane heaters are very economical and help you save over 65% when compared to other heating solutions.
- Compared to kerosene, propane produces a clean environment when burning, making it more human-friendly in comparison with kerosene heaters, which can produce soot and nasty smoke.
- Propane heaters require more maintenance when compared to other heating systems.
- Dangerous exhaust fumes can enter the room if the system is not vented appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Clearance necessities must be met if a fire springs out. You must make sure ignitable materials stay far from the unit heating system.
- The environment in which the heater is located in must be clean and tidy. Dust and dirt can interfere with how the heater operates.
As the saying goes “SAFETY FIRST”. People often make the mistake of not reading warning labels and manufacturer guides. This can, at best, give you sub-optimal results from your heater. At worst, it becomes a serious health and disasters risk.
- Portable propane space heaters should not be operated while being sleepy, this can cause an accident.
- The recommended color of a perfect propane frame is blue, occasionally if the propane color changes to yellow or red, special attention is needed. It is recommended to contact the system engineer in case of any inconveniences
- The propane tanks should not be exposed to excessive heat, this may lead to explosions
- For portable heaters, always attach and detach the system outdoors where there is enough air, incase the operations of the heater fail
- Never work the heaters close to any combustible fluid or vapors. Keep all combustible substances far away from the heater.
- In case a leak is detected, it’s always safe to switch off all appliances in the area to avoid the danger of fires and harm.
- Disconnect gas pipes and valves if surrounding temperatures drop beneath -10° F and if the propane tank is empty. Keep propane amenities out of reach of unauthorized personnel and kids.
Popular Propane Space Heater FAQs:
Space heating is a technique where one employs to heat a small space commonly a working environment using a propane heater compared to central heating where one has to warm the entire interior of a building.
Now that it’s obvious that propane is the most convenient fuel for your garage, following manufacturer’s guidelines and safety to the letter, will help you rip the full benefits of the system.
Many propane heaters offer an adjustable heat control setting that fits each individual comfort while operating the machine and also utilizing small garage space alignment.
What Is The Best Propane Space Heater?
In our professional opinion the F215100 MH4B Little Buddy Propane Space Heater, from Mr. Heater, is the best propane space heater currently on the market.