Combine your favorite convenience food, with your favorite convenience dessert food and you get pizza waffles, a delicious, easy-to-eat-on-the-go food. Remember to run a few laps when you’re done.
- Pizza Dough
- 8 Slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/2 C Grated Parmesan
- 24 Pepperoni Slices
For the Sauce
- 1 Can Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, add the warm water, then gently sprinkle the yeast over the top. Allow to sit for a few minutes, or until the yeast has dissolved into the water.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, then pour the yeast water over it. Using a spatula, mix the water and flour just until everything is wet, then add the olive oil and seasonings and continue to mix until a sticky ball forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes, adding a little flour as needed until the dough is no longer sticky, but not dry and cracking. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and allow to sit in a warm spot to rise for 25 minutes.
- While the dough rises, place the tomatoes and seasoning in a food processor and pulse until smooth, then transfer to a bowl and set aside. Prep the remaining ingredients for the waffles.
- Once the dough is ready, cut it in half, then again, to create four balls. Cut each ball in half and stretch into round discs around 5 inches in diameter. Add a couple tablespoons of sauce and spread it around, leaving an inch around the edge clean. Add six pepperonis, followed by two slices of fresh mozzarella and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan. Cover with the second stretched piece of dough, pinch the edges together, then place in a waffle iron to cook, on high, for around 4 minutes. Serve with the remaining tomato sauce for dipping.