Consumer reviews are a valuable resource when making any purchase, and humidifiers are no exception. Reviews written by real people can offer information you can’t find anywhere else. People who have actually used a humidifier you are considering can tell you honestly what the pros and cons are, and help you find the best humidifier for you.
The 5 Best Selling Humidifiers:
- Ultrasonic cool mist technology safely moisturizes the air for up to 16 hours of continuous operation so you can breathe easy and get more restful sleep
- 1.5-liter tank capacity provides ideal coverage for bedrooms, offices, and other medium-sized rooms
- 360-degree mist nozzle and dual-speed control make it easy to adjust mist direction and speed to fit your comfort level
- Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier runs 20 to 36 hours of continuous operation (depending on mist control setting) so you can breathe easily and sleep better
- Longer mist stream provides perfect coverage and leaves no condensation on the floor. Suitable for bedrooms, medium-sized to large rooms.
- Antibacterial material helps suppress mold growth- works best with distilled water or good quality water.
- Humidifier,Air Purifier,Ionizer,and Mood Light in one.Multifunctional ultrasonic cool mist humidifier increases air moisture for easier breathing and a good night sleep.
- 360 degree mist nozzle and variable control settings.It is perfectly sized for a desktop, tabletop, nightstand,office,bedroom,dorm,or cubicle.
- Large 2.4 Litres Water Tank.Scents are diffused for up to 10 hours.Built-in 7 color LED night light,set your favorite color or select color rotate option.
- Premium Humidifier - built-in 7 color LED night light, (Yellow, orange, Red, Purple, Indigo, Blue, Green).
- Diffuser - Humidifier for Home, Office, Bedroom, Spa and more.
- Automatic shut-off turns humidifier off when water level is low or the water tank is removed.
- Larger Capacity: With 5Litres water tank which can emit a cool water vapor into the air for full night.
- Perfect Design:Matte black with silver-white body design makes it to be a perfect choice in any places.
- Adjustable Mode:There are two modes for you to control the mist. Working time: 14 -17 hours.
However, reading reviews should not be the starting point of your decision making process unless you plan on dedicating a great deal of unnecessary time to your quest. It is better to spend a few minutes now thinking about what you want and need in a humidifier. That way you won’t waste your time reading countless reviews for humidifiers that won’t suit your needs.
There are four main types of humidifiers. They are warm mist, cool mist, ultrasonic and evaporative. Below you will find basic information on each type to help you narrow your search. We have also included a list of features to look out for. When you are ready to read the reviews, the humidifiers are categorized to the right by type, brand and cost. We have listed an overview of each model as well as a summary of all available reviews.
This will help you decide if a particular humidifier may be right for you before moving on to the individual reviews.
Types of Humidifiers:
Warm Mist – this is usually the least expensive type of humidifier available, which also makes it the type most often purchased. A warm mist humidifier works by boiling water to produce steam. This is the easiest way to quickly (and inexpensively) disperse water throughout the room. Because they work by producing heat, warm mist humidifiers are perfect for the the home that only needs extra moisture throughout the winter.
However, if you plan to use your humidifier all year round, the extra heat it produces may not be welcome. You also need to worry about safety issues if you have small children. The steam can be quite hot and result in burns. Another word of caution: warm mist humidifiers can irritate breathing passages making this type a bad idea if anyone in your family has asthma.
Cool Mist – these are also referred to as impeller humidifiers. They use a spinning disc to disperse small water droplets throughout the air, eliminating the need for heat. Cool mist humidifiers are also very inexpensive, making them a budget-friendly option for extra moisture during the warmer seasons.
The downside to cool mist humidifiers? They can also distribute minerals and micro-organisms in the water you use. This settles as an unattractive white dust on everything in the room. To avoid this, you can use distilled or demineralized water, which inflates the operational costs considerably.
Ultrasonic – these humidifiers use high-frequency sound waves to drive a mist of water into the air. Ultrasonic humidifiers may also be warm mist or cool mist (some offer both so you can choose the best setting for the season.)
This type of humidifier is very quiet, since it doesn’t require the use of an internal fan. An ultrasonic humidifier can have the same type of white dust problem present in cool mist models, unless it has an included de-mineralization cartridge.
Evaporative – these humidifiers use a wick to draw up water, then uses a fan to blow that moisture into the room. Large, console humidifiers are evaporative. Some can be noisy, but the better ones are not. These are usually the best type of humidifier for full time use over a large area.
They are normally meant for long term use and come with filters to keep undesirables from being circulated through the room with the moisture.
What to look for in a humidifier
Capacity is important. Don’t just consider the output; also look at the size of the water container. Think about how many times a day it will need to be refilled. The better humidifiers will normally tell you the amount of square footage they are ideal for. We have included this information in the overview whenever the manufacturer has made it available.
Think about filters. If someone in your home has issues with allergies, a filter may be important to you. But keep in mind the cost of filter replacement.
Read the reviews to determine the effectiveness and reliability of a humidifier. The reviews will give you a realistic idea of what to expect.