Electric heaters are an affordable and efficient way of heating your home. For many people, the phrase ‘electric heater’ conjures up the image of an old fashioned, two-bar heater, connected to a socket by a dangerously frayed cord, sizzling hazardously in the corner of a dim and dismal room. The truth is that modern electric heaters are nothing like this stereotype.
The 5 Best Selling Electric Heaters:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling electric heaters currently available for sale on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- 【Easy Control Heater】Adjust the knob on the right to turn the unit on. "I" is for producing heat...
- 【Energy Efficient Heater】With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out...
- 【Portable Mini Heater】Dimensions: 6.2" x 7" x 9.2", 3.2 pounds light weight mini heater easy to...
- 【Safe Room Heater】The heater is made of flame retardant material to achieve zero fire hazard....
- 【Fast heating & temperature control】 Portable ceramic heater 1502s has fan/ Warm/ hot wind...
- 【Remote control & smart 12-hour timer】 This ceramic heater is equipped with a remote control...
- 【Overheat & auto shut off protection】 Worry about safety problem? This ceramic space heater have...
- 【Multi-mode & oscillation function for family & personal features】 120° Oscillating function...
- 【ETL CERTIFIED & SAFETY FIRE-RETARDANT METAL SHELL】Major components of the space heater are made...
- 【2 SEC RAPID HEATING & ANGLED LEGS FOR BETTER HEAT CIRCULATION】 PTC ceramic heater with large...
- 【ELECTRIC HEATER WITH ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT】With a simple adjustable dial control, you can...
- 【PORTABLE HEATER WITH HANDLE & ATTRACTIVE PRACTICAL DESIGN】The handle on top of this small space...
- 🔥【Compact & Stylish】Dimensions-17H x 14W x 9D in. Suburbs TS17 is a compact and portable...
- 🔥【Warm & Comfortable】With 1,400W / 4,777BTU powerful heating capacity, that TS17 can warm...
- 🔥【Fast Installation & Easy】To get started, simply attach four metal legs to the preassembled...
- 🔥【Safe & Trustworthy】Suburbs is CSA certified, which means our products have passed all tests...
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over...
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can...
- Electronic Thermostat: range 50 to 86 degrees. Caster Wheels and lifetme filter
The 5 Best Electric Heaters:
Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater Specs
|Heat Output||5200 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||1000|
Dr. Infrared is a highly trusted brand on the market. This portable 1500-watt infrared heater is compact, easy to carry around and has great heat output to make sure every room is well heated quickly and for your comfort.
You might think that as quick as this heater warms up a room it uses a lot of power, but it’s quite cost-efficient and conserves energy while still performing at a high level. Another feature helping this portable space heater to save you money on your bill is the auto shut-off function and its standby mode.
As soon as the desired temperature is reached the heater goes into standby to conserve power and if you forget to switch it off, it will automatically shut down after 12 hours of use.
One detail that puts this heater above many, if not all others, is the fact that it is built to last, and not many heaters are. 80.000 is the minimum guaranteed to work without any issues and it will most likely last a lot more than that.
Finally, it is not only small in size and will save you space in the room, but you won’t even notice it working as it keeps its working noise down to the absolute minimum. With function being always chosen over aesthetics, the Dr. Infrared portable heater is also nice on the eye and looks the part.
With the user-friendly interface, it can be operated with ease and, at the price it comes, there is no argument why this is one of the most popular portable heaters on the market.
Duraflame Electric Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove Specs
|Heat Output||5200 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||1000|
Speaking of looking the part, this is one of the main reasons why the Duraflame Electric Infrared quartz fireplace stove is a top seller. The look on this heater can make any room feel warm and cozy just by its visual appeal.
The beautifully layered 3D effect of the wood burning in the stove makes for an even more realistic feel. The greatest feature about this effect is that it can be adjusted with the remote for different brightness levels and speeds, and can be turned on without using the heater, so you can enjoy this theme year-round.
The design as sturdy as it looks is lightweight, compact enough for easy transfer from room to room, and can even be a perfect fit for a tiny house or an RV.
The heat output is able to heat up a room of up to 1000 square feet and, like any of the top space heaters, it is safe to use around pets and children and the auto shut-off function comes into play in case of an accidental tip over. Some of the great features of this product might also be a bit of a minus for some.
Although the look is authentic, in order for it to be lightweight some of the parts, like the legs and door handle, might feel flimsy. Another detail to note is that the dial is behind the beautiful glass door, which can be annoying having to get up every time you need to set the stove to the desired temperature and heat output.
This pretty much makes the remote useless, unless only used for the LED flame effect settings. Considering what experience you get out of this beautiful heater, the minor flaws can be overlooked if you are looking to make your home not only warm but even homier.
Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater Specs
|Heat Output||5200 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||300|
If you are looking to give your room a designer piece that acts not only as a prop but also warms it up and is aesthetically pleasing, then consider the Lasko Designer Series space heater for your home.
There are many great features to this oscillating heater, each meant to make you consider it even more after looking through them. Even though it can’t heat up as big of a room, it heats up just as fast as the other heaters on the list and will quickly warm up any room you put it in.
The heater itself is very easy to use and comes assembled in the box? so you can put it to use as soon as you receive it. The oscillation feature makes for great even distribution of heat throughout the entire room and the three available settings allow you to choose when you want to conserve more power and don’t need it on full blast.
In terms of safety, this Lasko heater lacks a tip-over auto shut off the safety and it could be quite easy to bump it while walking around. It has, however, auto shut off feature after being used up to a certain amount of time, so you wouldn’t have to worry about forgetting it turned on. Overheating is also not going to be an issue as the automatic overheat protection will make sure the parts last longer.
Another detail to pay attention to when considering this product is that it will cool down quickly after being turned off, so it will not keep much leftover warmth like some other space heaters.
At the end of the day, this is a great designer heater to have in any room for some extra heat, nice decoration and, as long as the space you try to provide warmth to isn’t on the bigger scale, it will do its job in a quiet and energy-efficient manner.
Lasko 754200 Ceramic Portable Space Heater Specs
|Heat Output||5200 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||100|
Lasko are well known for their high-quality products and this little space heater with an adjustable thermostat is no different. If you need to heat up a small or medium-size room or to add a bit more heat to a chilly one, this product is just the right for you.
The adjustable thermostat allows you to regulate the heat output and two heat settings, High and Low, let you choose how much warmth you really want. There is a reason this is one of the top sellers on the market. It gets the job done.
Nothing flashy, nothing too fancy just two dials you can turn on top, easy to carry around from room to room or turn it where you want the heat and you are good to go. The fan is really quiet for such a basic product and the safety features are also quite good.
The heater is cold to the touch and has to overheat protection if you accidentally leave it on for too long. Another little handy feature is the fan only option for when you just need to move the air in the room and feel a nice cool breeze. At this price tag, the Lasko ceramic heater is a steal and a great choice for anyone looking to have a handy tool to quickly warm up a room.
Comfort Zone Oscillating Space Heater Specs
|Heat Output||5120 BTU|
|SQ/f heat up||100|
When you are looking to heat up a room with a powerful heater, but space is an issue, it is nice to have power in a portable slim package. Comfort Zone’s oscillating space heater is just the one that can do this for you while saving you money on your electric bill.
Let us start at the top. This heater is ETL certified, which is a huge plus. The digital thermostat allows you to easily control the temperature with the remote and the three available fan modes as well as the ECO mode will help you better manage power usage so your bill doesn’t eat your wallet. Another great feature is the oscillation of this heater. The wider 70-degree angle can help cover wider areas.
Safety is ensured not only by the ETL certificate but by a number of other features. Accidental tip-overs are not a problem because the heater automatically shuts off in these cases. In the occasion you forget to turn off the heater, it will automatically shut down after 8 hours of continuous use.
The stay-cool body also makes it safe to use around children and pets, while maintaining the heat output. The only thing to consider with this heater is the short power cord, so make sure there is an outlet very close to where you want to position it.
As a final verdict, the Comfort Zone oscillating space heater is a handy one to have at home and, at its competitive price, has more bang for the buck than most of the competitors.
Electric Heater Buying Guide
Nowadays electric heaters come in all shapes and sizes, with different energy ratings, pricing and sizes meant to cover literally every home heating scenario. These heaters – once seen as energy-wasting – can be some of the most energy-efficient heating units you can install. That is definitely a bonus in these days of rocketing fuel and utility prices.
Types of Electric Heating Technology
The important consideration when choosing an electric heater is to find the type of heater that best suits your needs, what the BTU requirement is and the area in which you mean to install it. Given the wide variety of electric heaters on the market, this is not going to be a difficult task.
However, before you can make your decision, it is wise to become familiar with the basic types of heaters available in order to help you make an informed choice.
There are several main categories of electric heaters and a basic understanding of these categories can help you to make your choice. These categories are defined either by the method used to convert electricity into heat or their placement. Each of these methods is used in hundreds of different types of heaters designed to meet specific needs.
- Radiant heaters are the descendant of the two-bar heater. These heaters are nowadays most commonly encased behind glass and provide a direct, radiant heat useful for direct warming.
- Convection heaters produce hot air through vents to heat up the surrounding area.
- Fan heaters generate heat in much the same way as convection heaters but include a fan that blows out the hot air to heat up space rapidly.
- Panel Heaters / Electric Radiator Heaters– these heaters are portable or fixed oil or water-filled units that are heated with electricity.
- Storage heaters are particularly economical as they take advantage of cheaper night-time electricity by storing heat during the night and releasing it during the day.
- Underfloor electric heaters are increasingly popular as this form of heating provides a constant temperature in any room. One of the most economical forms of heating is electric ground source heat pumps which extract residual heat from the earth to heat your home or office.
Types of Electric Heaters
With a heater to suit every space, every design, and every pocket you can be sure you’ll find the electric heater that best suits your needs.
Electric Water Heaters
Heating water by electricity is usually achieved using an immersion heater. Most domestic immersion heaters run on the domestic supply of electricity. Because heating water can consume as much as 15% of the total energy budget in a home, the on-demand water heaters are becoming very popular as a way to save energy and money.
Electric Space Heaters
An economical way to heat a room is by using electric space heaters and/or ceramic space heaters. These aren’t meant for large areas as they are designed as being an alternative to turning up the heating around the whole house. Electric space heaters are effective at warming one room at a time, but there are a number of safety tips to consider.
- Ensure there is appropriate guarding over the heating coils.
- Some space heaters may have auto turn-off safety settings in case the heater is knocked over.
- Find out if the space heater has an overheat protection to avoid dangerously high temperatures.
If you are after portable electric heaters? then the space heater type might be ideal. Most are easy to carry but look for the lightweight models if you are going to constantly move it from room to room.
Electric Wall Heaters
Nowadays there are much better alternatives to electric wall heaters, although they are still sometimes used in homes where there are cold spots. Although you won’t want to be covering your whole house with electric wall heaters, they still might come in useful for heating outbuildings.
Electric Baseboard Heaters
Electric baseboard heaters are often placed beneath windows to counter the heat loss that occurs through the glass. By using convection, these heaters draw cool air in which is then warmed by fins and coils.
Tankless Water Heaters
As the name suggests, tankless water heaters heat water without the use of a storage tank. This means that the heat loss encountered with storage water heaters is avoided.
Whereas the storage tank needs to fill with water and then heat up, electric tankless water heaters use an electric element to deliver a constant supply of hot water. Before buying an electric tankless heater ensure that you can support the amperage and circuit demands of the heater.
What Is The Best Electric Heater?
In our professional opinion the Portable Space Heater, by Dr Infrared Heater, is the best electric heater currently on the market.