Drones are the latest and greatest toy for kids and kids of all ages. Almost every age group has found flying drones to be an engaging and intriguing hobby. Some people just like to fly them but some people love to make them do tricks or use them to film interesting perspectives. Regardless of why someone wants to fly a drone, everyone wants a drone that is easy to use when first learning how to fly. This is no different for kids.
The 5 Best Selling Drones for Kids:
The list you see here is an auto updated list of the best selling drones for kids currently available for sale on Amazon.com.
- HEADLESS SECURITY SYSTEM enable Any Level of Players to fly the drone easily.
- 2.4GHz Technology Adopted for Anti-Interference
- More Stable and Flexible with 6-Axis Gyro Stablization System
- ONE-KEY RETURN: With built-in positioning system, the drone can auto locate the remote control, just press the one key return button, the drone will fly back to the remote control's location.
- 360° ROLL-OVER: The simple flying of WSAD is to boring, and the new 3D rolling special effects surprise all the people.
- COMPASS MODE: The drone will change its flight direction with the change of the direction of remote control.
- Super Durable Construction Build: Sturdy structure with solider protective circular shield frame ensure crash resistance and long-time use.
- Stable Extended Flight: applys Gyro system, 2.4GHz,4 CH,4-Axis,enables stable and flexible flights, can control far distance. 2.0 USB port, rechargeable for extended flight time.
- PERFECT FUNCTION:3D flip 2-level adjustable speed function, low speed for leisure, high speed for battle,perform in Air stunt show with amazing Colorful LED lights even in the windy or small spaces.
- ULTRA BRIGHT LED DRONE: Designed with vibrant LEDs all over so that you can fly this stunt drone even at night in the dark
- 3D STUNTS: The UFO 3000 LED drone will light up the night sky with awesome stunts and 360º flips with just the push of a button
- ULTRA FAST: It's compact design and precision steering will allow you to zip around at high speeds • GREAT DRONE FOR BEGINNERS and CHILDREN: Low/High Speed mode and high visibility makes controlling...
- Equipped with HD camera.
- Perform flips at the press of a button with 360 degree eversion, Wind resistant and can be flown indoors or outdoors
- 6-axis Gyro stabilization system ensures maximum stability during flight
The 5 Best Drones for Kids:
Many kids see drones being flown and immediately want to try it themselves. The question parents often ask in this case is: is there a model of drone that will be easy for my kids to learn to fly? The answers to these questions are compiled below.
This quadcopter drone, from Syma, has a feature that is great for those kids that want to explore and see the world from new perspectives. It comes with an HD camera already installed. This allows fliers to record their flight paths and watch the video later. It also has 6 axis gyro stabilization which gives it superior wind resistance. It has colorful flashing LED lights for night flight and can perform 360 degree flips with the simple push of a button. It has a seven minute flight time. However, the charge time is exceedingly long at 100 minutes per battery.
It uses spread spectrum technology to prevent intereference when multiple drones are being flown. It also features a left and right hand throttle mode. It allows the throttle control to be customized for either a left or right handed flier which is great for left handed kids who often feel frustrated at controls designed for right handed people.
The HS170 drone, by Holy Stone, features a lot of bells and whistles for an extremely reasonable price of around $40. It has a 6 axis gyro stabilization system to allow the drone to have superior wind resistance. It has 3 separate speeds which is perfect for new fliers and Led lights for night flying. It has an impressive control range of 30-50 meters and a headless flight system.
This means that whichever way the drone is pointed, it will move forward as the controller points. It has a flight time of 6-8 minutes per battery and each battery requires 60-80 minutes per charge. It comes with a USB charger and features a multiple channel controller. This anti-interference system allows for multiple drones to fly at once without the worry of losing control due to a second drone controller and crashing. However, it does have a few drawbacks. The throttle appears to have a lot of variance so it must be adjusted slowly to avoid losing control. It is also recommended to take 10 minute breaks between flights to allow the motors to cool down. Otherwise, the motors may overheat and break.
This drone also features a great camera. This camera has a slightly better quality than the camera in the Syma model and also comes with a 4GB SD card to record videos. It comes with an extra battery for extended flight times and each battery gets 7-9 minutes of flight time. The batteries take 90-120 minutes to charge which seems like quite a long time for most drone batteries but with the addition of a camera, it’s not surprising that the batteries take longer to charge as they must be bigger to allow for such a long flight time with a decent camera. It also has LED lights for night flight and a 6 axis gyro stabilization for increased wind resistance.
It has an impressive 80 meter range of control and return home feature which brings the drone back to the controller with one push of a button. It is also capable of 360 degree flips and also features a low voltage alarm. This is an amazing feature that lets the flier know when the batteries are about to run out so you can bring the drone before it crashes from low power. It also has a four channel control which allows for multiple drones to be flown around each other. It is a bit more expensive than other drones at around $85 but the extra features more than make up for it.
This model of drone is great for new fliers because it is reinforced to survive crashes. It has a 6 axis gyro stabilization design and LED lights for night flying. It comes with an extra battery for extended flight time and each battery provides approximately 6 minutes of flight. Each battery requires around 60 minutes of charge time which is quite short for most drone battery charge times.
It is capable of doing 360 degree flips and has adjustable speed. The adjustable speed is great for new fliers as you can slow down the speed and give them more time for reaction and correction during flight. Unfortunately, the controller does not have multiple channels which means that only one drone can be flown at a time without risking interference. This drone is also affordable at around $50.
This drone is a really colorful model that allows for easy night flight. It is highly visible with bright green LED lights on the rear blades and bright blue lights on the front blades. This model has multiple speeds available which is great for those learning how to fly. It comes with two batteries which helps extend the flight time. One battery has approximately 7-9 minutes of available flight time and each battery requires approximately 90 minutes to fully charge. For those that want to easily perform tricks, this model has a push button flip function. It allows the user to simply push a button and have the drone perform a 360 degree flip!
The drone is also pretty affordable at around $50. However, there are some drawbacks to this model. The controller only has one channel which means that if you want to fly multiple drones there is a chance for interference which could crash the drones. Additionally, the controls are not headless. This means that the drone has a designated front and back. As the drone turns, you must adjust your perspective in order to know which way to steer the drone.
There are several drones available for those that want to learn how to fly but the ones above are some of the best. They have the easiest controls and some of the best features that kids will love and more easily learn to fly.